Best industrial vocalist
Suit C.
2003-07-24 00:59:00 UTC
What vocalist in the industrial genre has demonstrated the vocal
ability worthy of competing with Mike Patton or Tom Waits?
Isaac G.
2003-07-24 15:03:06 UTC
Post by Suit C.
What vocalist in the industrial genre has demonstrated the vocal
ability worthy of competing with Mike Patton or Tom Waits?
hands down...its gotta be Steve from And ONE..the dude can do arabic chants,
ragas, and big operatic vocals...other than that, most of these guys cant
compete with most pop-music vocalists...hell...justin timberlake can school
these electro-hacks..--i.

Advanced Industry can be found at:
Cesium137.com
TonedeafRecords.com
MerceneryMedia.com
compositions available thru
www.industrial-music.com
ww.isotank.com
or at other nifty little stores
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-24 21:35:31 UTC
Post by Suit C.
What vocalist in the industrial genre has demonstrated the vocal
ability worthy of competing with Mike Patton or Tom Waits?
If you include people who've worked with industrial bands, it's gotta be Gavin
Friday (appeared on Coil's "Scatalogy"), just compare his Virgin Prunes
screaming to his lounge lizard stuff. He's a fairly cool guy if you don't mind
his ultra-pretentiousness.

Girl.
Crudbreeder
2003-07-25 22:10:04 UTC
Post by Suit C.
What vocalist in the industrial genre has demonstrated the vocal
ability worthy of competing with Mike Patton or Tom Waits?
Diamanda Galas?
Jim Thirlwell?
Milan Fras?

--
"doggystyle isn't just for americans, doggystyle is for everyone!"
~Jesster
Matthew Moffett
2003-07-28 14:28:38 UTC
Blixa Bargeld. I like Patton a lot, but he borrows quite heavily from
Bargeld (and a good bit from Eye as well).
Icon.
2003-07-28 22:15:21 UTC
Tom waits rules. I'll say trent reznor, even though that will probably
get me a flaming.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-29 22:06:30 UTC
Post by Icon.
Tom waits rules. I'll say trent reznor, even though that will probably
get me a flaming.
I'll go with Ogre in his older Puppy stuff. Of course it all depends
on what you mean by singing. Technically, he probably can't sing for
shit...but between him and his effects, the result works for me better
than anyone.
God, even on the early EBM stuff, the thing that annoys me most is the
vocals
(and look at the legions of growlers that's inspired). Gimme Doug
McCarthy's
shouting any day.
At least Ogre sounds better than the moronic distorted hiss of Hocico
and Suicide Commando and others.
Hocico are far and away the worst (well, along with the equally awful
Cenobita) due to them going as far as Death Metal, brrr.

Girl.
Freizeitknast
2003-08-01 23:11:27 UTC
<< Subject: Best industrial vocalist
From: ***@hotmail.com (Suit C.)
Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003 7:59 PM

A little surprised no one mentioned Chris Connelly.
Freizeitknast
2003-08-01 23:18:38 UTC
From: ***@hotmail.com (Suit C.)
Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003 7:59 PM

What vocalist in the industrial genre has demonstrated the vocal
ability worthy of competing with Mike Patton or Tom Waits?
Surprised nobody has mentioned Chris Connelly.