Metropolis Records...
Dani Dax
2004-06-02 12:45:37 UTC
Since when is Faith and the Muse going Industrial?
~Dani Dax
Locke
2004-06-02 20:16:51 UTC
Please let me quote Dani Dax...
|Since when is Faith and the Muse going Industrial?

Dunno ... I don't even think they are. Ho did you get the idea that
they were?

CU,
Locke

NP: This Mortal Coil "Blood"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Clayton Swindoll
2004-06-04 07:44:21 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Since when is Faith and the Muse going Industrial?
~Dani Dax
Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?

Clayton
Locke
2004-06-04 09:04:10 UTC
Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...

|Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?

They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
fact. Who said that they were?

CU,
Locke

NP: Radiohead "Kid A"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Dani Dax
2004-06-04 14:43:39 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...

|Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?
They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
fact. Who said that they were?
CU,
Locke
NP: Radiohead "Kid A"
Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were...But they're new
comp, Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
was just a passing thought...
~Dani Dax
Crudbreeder
2004-06-04 17:11:40 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were...
^^^^^^^^^^^^
mostly-not-at-all
Sound Mirror
2004-06-04 19:10:30 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...

|Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?
They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
fact. Who said that they were?
CU,
Locke
NP: Radiohead "Kid A"
Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were...But they're new
comp, Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
was just a passing thought...
i'm sorry to break this to you, but there are some morons on here who will
shoot you down to hell for labelling anything outside of Industrial
Records's releases 'industrial'. these people are the reasons why there is
so little conversation on this newsgroup. they're elitists and they don't
realize elitism is lame.. get over yourselves already..
Crudbreeder
*sigh*
Dani Dax
2004-06-07 12:49:46 UTC
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by Sound Mirror
i'm sorry to break this to you, but there are some morons on here who will
shoot you down to hell for labelling anything outside of Industrial
Records's releases 'industrial'. these people are the reasons why there is
so little conversation on this newsgroup. they're elitists and they don't
realize elitism is lame.. get over yourselves already..
*sigh*
JESUS! Im sorry I asked...nevermind..Im not even an Industrial
fan...which is why I was so bewildered when Metropolis, a label that
claims to be Industrial, have Faith and the Muse, a clearly gothic
band, as an Industrial musicianship...
Jesus...
As far as Industrial goes...It's techno with heavy guitars...nothing
too too impressive...
If it wasn't for NIN and Manson, Industrial would've died with the
Ministry...
Ironically enough, NIN and Manson aren't even Industrial...
~Dax
Crudbreeder
2004-06-07 17:43:51 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
JESUS! Im sorry I asked...nevermind..Im not even an Industrial
fan...which is why I was so bewildered when Metropolis, a label that
claims to be Industrial, have Faith and the Muse, a clearly gothic
band, as an Industrial musicianship...
Jesus...
You could also ask why they claim to be an industrial label in the first
place?
Post by Dani Dax
As far as Industrial goes...It's techno with heavy guitars...nothing
too too impressive...
And goth is only folk rock with makeup?
Post by Dani Dax
If it wasn't for NIN and Manson, Industrial would've died with the
Ministry...
If it wasn't for Ministry, heavy metal would have died with Motorhead.

btw, which Ministry?
Post by Dani Dax
Ironically enough, NIN and Manson aren't even Industrial...
Enlightenment!

(no, I'm not elitist, I'm just very bored.)
np: Boyd Rice presents: Ralp Gean
Todd Clayton
2004-06-07 21:01:29 UTC
Post by Crudbreeder
You could also ask why they claim to be an industrial label in the first
place?
Or you could be like me and ask why the fuck any of you guys are arguing
about such a stupid point.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird
Crudbreeder
2004-06-07 21:11:54 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Crudbreeder
You could also ask why they claim to be an industrial label in the first
place?
Or you could be like me and ask why the fuck any of you guys are arguing
about such a stupid point.
because RMI is teh dead?

np: Max Raabe - Kein schwein ruft mich an
Todd Clayton
2004-06-07 21:18:20 UTC
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by Todd Clayton
Or you could be like me and ask why the fuck any of you guys are arguing
about such a stupid point.
because RMI is teh dead?
What does KMFDM stand for anyway?
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-07 21:25:16 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by Todd Clayton
Or you could be like me and ask why the fuck any of you guys are arguing
about such a stupid point.
because RMI is teh dead?
What does KMFDM stand for anyway?
Kylie Minogue Falling on Depeche Mode

duh.
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

"Yes, but it's not true love until you give her the password to connect
to your wireless router." - Royce
m***@industrial.org
2004-06-04 23:48:34 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
i'm sorry to break this to you, but there are some morons on here who will
shoot you down to hell for labelling anything outside of Industrial
Records's releases 'industrial'. these people are the reasons why there is
so little conversation on this newsgroup. they're elitists and they don't
realize elitism is lame.. get over yourselves already..
Pointing out that "KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb, Velvet
Acid Christ" are not industrial is the equivalent of pointing out that
Poison, Warrant, Bon Jovi and Skid Row are not death metal. Nothing to do
with elitism, everything to do with what identifies something as
being industrial.

As to why there is not that much discussion here, well, you can thank the
WWW and instant messaging for that.

Cheers

--
|) __,,_____________ moron : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) < ___________/ EEEI news : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) deterrent industries : http://deterrent.net (|
Locke
2004-06-07 10:50:54 UTC
One day Sound Mirror posted:
|i'm sorry to break this to you, but there are some morons on here who will
|shoot you down to hell for labelling anything outside of Industrial
|Records's releases 'industrial'.

Ooopsie ... wrong thread!

It appears like you were talking about either Veni Vidi Exii or Zoviet
Squid and neither of them has posted to this particular thread yet.

| these people are the reasons why there is
|so little conversation on this newsgroup.

Wrong again. The real reason is that people were sick of discussing the
same crap again and again.

| they're elitists and they don't
|realize elitism is lame.. get over yourselves already..

Elitism is just a form of expressing an opinion, kinda like your idiocy.
They're only slightly different appearances of the same thing, really.

CU,
Locke

NP: Coil "Live One, London"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Veni Vidi Exii
2004-06-07 21:11:13 UTC
Post by Locke
It appears like you were talking about either Veni Vidi
Exii or Zoviet Squid and neither of them has posted to this
particular thread yet.
Be careful what you wish for, Locke. I might have to come back
and remind everyone that Velvet Acid Christ isn't all that great
and the new Skinny Puppy album sucks more shit than a growing
maggot.

And you know what those Puppy and VAC fans are like. Frisky.
--
-Chris
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."

"For that much man-on-man power, you had to step over into the
German industrial theme, the most manly music of all time."
- Hans Bunschlapen, of Zeigenbock Kopf
Todd Clayton
2004-06-07 21:18:35 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
and the new Skinny Puppy album sucks more shit than a growing
maggot.
Seconded.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
Zoviet Squid
2004-06-09 23:19:53 UTC
Post by Locke
|i'm sorry to break this to you, but there are some morons on here who will
|shoot you down to hell for labelling anything outside of Industrial
|Records's releases 'industrial'.
Ooopsie ... wrong thread!
It appears like you were talking about either Veni Vidi Exii or Zoviet
Squid and neither of them has posted to this particular thread yet.
And I wasn't going to, either.

*sigh*

It's tough being labelled an 'elitist'--no one takes us seriously, but they
still don't hesitate to blame everything on us.

--zs

"shit...everything shits until it dies."--Bukowski
Oh shit, what are we gonna necco now?
2004-06-04 19:10:36 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were...But they're new
comp, Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
was just a passing thought...
~Dani Dax
It's quite refreshing to see an improper use of grammar of the word
"their" other than "there."
--
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
http://www.relst8.net
/ / /
Locke
2004-06-07 10:50:53 UTC
One day Dani Dax posted:
|Locke <***@mad.scientist.com> wrote in message news:<c9pdn7$nol$***@online.de>...
|> Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...
|> |
|> |Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?
|>
|> They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
|> fact. Who said that they were?
|
|Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
|Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
|bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were.

Well, let's say they're more-or-less industrial-related and I'll agree.
Being related is not the same as being part of it. They're at least as
much disco-related as well. Does this mean that Metropolis is a proper
disco label?

| ..But they're new comp,

Who or what is 'new comp'? Please elaborate...

| Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
|was just a passing thought...

Now, does it also concern you if Faith and the Muse is going disco?

CU,
Locke

NP: Coil "Live One, London"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Keef
2004-06-08 08:31:37 UTC
Post by Locke
Well, let's say they're more-or-less industrial-related and I'll agree.
Being related is not the same as being part of it. They're at least as
much disco-related as well. Does this mean that Metropolis is a proper
disco label?
I love Locke, he's great.

If it were possible Locke would make sure there were NO threads in
this group, and I agree. Any discussion must be terminated
immediately.
Dani Dax
2004-06-08 13:29:48 UTC
Post by Locke
|> Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...
|> |
|> |Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?
|>
|> They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
|> fact. Who said that they were?
|
|Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
|Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
|bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were.
Well, let's say they're more-or-less industrial-related and I'll agree.
Being related is not the same as being part of it. They're at least as
much disco-related as well. Does this mean that Metropolis is a proper
disco label?
| ..But they're new comp,
Who or what is 'new comp'? Please elaborate...
| Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
|was just a passing thought...
Now, does it also concern you if Faith and the Muse is going disco?
CU,
Locke
NP: Coil "Live One, London"
Indeed, it would concern me if Faith and the Muse went disco...That
would be a waste of talent...
~Dax
Veni Vidi Exii
2004-06-08 20:21:03 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Post by Locke
Now, does it also concern you if Faith and the Muse is
going disco?
Indeed, it would concern me if Faith and the Muse went
disco...That would be a waste of talent...
Its an amusing situation where people like Locke and I posit
that modern "industrial" is really just italo-disco in minor key
and people take offense to this. What prejudice do you have
against disco?

Per
2004-07-06 04:45:11 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Clayton Swindoll...

|Since when is Metropolis Records Industrial?
They never were and never will be. That's a well known and undisputed
fact. Who said that they were?
CU,
Locke
NP: Radiohead "Kid A"
Well, bands such as KMFDM, Hanzel und Gretyl, Covenant, Haujobb,
Velvet Acid Christ, ect are signed to them, I just assumed since these
bands are more-or-less industrial, that they were...But they're new
comp, Faith and the Muse does a song (A damn good song) on it, and it
was just a passing thought...
~Dani Dax
Wasn't Metropolis' first signing/license more goth?
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Soterro
2004-07-06 08:10:27 UTC
Post by Per
Wasn't Metropolis' first signing/license more goth?
Pretty mixed anyway. Thinking that they started with a few releases of
Love Is Colder Than Death, one could say that. However the main
catalogue looked like Lassigue Bendthaus, Numb, Mentallo & the Fixer and
FLA and all that gang. The (mostly dancefloor) goths came only later
(alongside dancefloor indus)

S (bored)

Girl
2004-06-10 00:20:47 UTC
Post by Dani Dax
Since when is Faith and the Muse going Industrial?
Cleopatra died.

Girl.