Stores in Europe?
Michael Mierzwa
2003-07-12 21:49:01 UTC
Hi
I'm kinda new here (new as in first post) but I was wondering if any of you
knows a record store in Europe , preferably Belgium (Netherlands and Germany
too, but I prefer Belgium), which sells industrial. not only the commercial
like KMFDM, Ministry, front 242, skinny puppy, and stuff but also the lesser
known, underground music (I'm searching for ages for a Revco full-cd).
And if it's possible, it may be low-priced too, but that's of lesser
importance
There is a great, but still small show in Den Haag (the Hague), Netherlands.

La La Land [music]
Nieuwstraat 25
2511 Den Haag
tel. 070-363 10 18
http://www.lalalandmusic.nl
-or-
http://www.industrial.nl

The woman working there almost always has something industrial playing,
and she likes to support the local Ducth and Belgian artists. Plenty of
ant-zen titles, and a few exclusives that I couldn't find in other
european stores / shows / concerts.

Anyway, she is extremely friendly and helpful.

She has plenty of used and new stuff, and best of all, they have
listening stations, so you can listen to everything first.

At this year's Leipzig festival, I found that one of the dealers of used
CDs had an incredible backcatalogue, and here is the web site of his
on-line store (keep in mind his on-line catalogue is out of date, as I
bought some of the titles he still had listed in early June on the site).

http://www.hoersturz.com/

In Amsterdam there is a store that the Dutch kids were swearing by, but
compared to the used and new music stores here in California I was only
marginally impressed (I did find Lillith's "Survive the Cold Eternity"
which I was struggling to find state-side): Boudisque. I don't have any
address for the store, but it is only a block or two on the main tourist
walk from Amsterdam Central Station to the Dam. Easy enough to find.
But again, if you are shopping in the Netherlands, go to La la Land.
The people are really nice, and she has a much larger industrial section
than goth. (They are in the same section, but it is pretty obvious
where her interests lie.)

At Leipzig, there was one other new / used dealer I really liked, who
carried a huge collection of ant-zen, hands, and hymen types of things.
I think they were from Austria, but I seem to have lost the business
card he me before I could hunt down for there web info.

Oh yeah, one more plug, if you've never visited the Netherlands and
choose to visit La la Land, stop by the village of Delft, which is
between Rotterdam and Den Haag. If I _ever_ were to get a job in
Europe, it would be through the university or hydrologic institute
there, because frankly the village and people are so nice!

Michael
Andreas Schlieter
2003-07-13 09:53:44 UTC
Post by Michael Mierzwa
At this year's Leipzig festival, I found that one of the dealers of used
CDs had an incredible backcatalogue, and here is the web site of his
on-line store (keep in mind his on-line catalogue is out of date, as I
bought some of the titles he still had listed in early June on the site).
http://www.hoersturz.com/
Note: The Hoersturz used to be a store, but sadly, closed its doors some
time ago. Nowadays all he does is pretty much his mailorder business. He
does have the best and widest selection of rarities and obscure items you
will ever find anywhere (More vinyl and tapes than CDs). The online catalog
is out of date, best thing is to subscribe to his mailing list, or to drop
him a want list of what it is you are looking for.

Regards,

Andreas
Theo Vermeulen
2003-07-17 14:44:14 UTC
any others?

Theo
--
Theo Vermeulen
***@patat.org
nicolas chevreux
2003-07-18 15:52:47 UTC
Post by Theo Vermeulen
any others?
Berlin:

Dense, Danziger Straße 28
Neurotitan / Haus Schwartzenberg, Rosenthaler Straße
Boteca, Kopernickus Straße 8

Nicolas
-
Ad Noiseam: