Dig It Artwork
Truenzie
2003-08-09 23:13:27 UTC
Does anyone know where the artwork came from for Skinny Puppy's "Dig It"
single? It's the old-fashioned looking black and white demonic based stuff.
I've seen other pictures like it on TV but don't know where it comes from
and who did them.

Thanks
Simon

www.truenzie.cjb.net
Francois Labreque
2003-08-10 04:24:22 UTC
Program ended abnormally on 2003-08-09 19:13, Due to a catastrophic
Post by Truenzie
Does anyone know where the artwork came from for Skinny Puppy's "Dig It"
single? It's the old-fashioned looking black and white demonic based stuff.
I've seen other pictures like it on TV but don't know where it comes from
and who did them.
It's an illustration for Dante's Inferno done by 19th century artist Gustave Doré.

SP also used his art (Book of Revelations) for the Chainsaw EP.

np: Vromb - Emission Pilote
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
ELC
2003-08-10 08:31:23 UTC
Post by Truenzie
Does anyone know where the artwork came from for Skinny Puppy's "Dig It"
single? It's the old-fashioned looking black and white demonic based stuff.
I've seen other pictures like it on TV but don't know where it comes from
and who did them.
Thanks
Simon
www.truenzie.cjb.net
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but if it looks like an
etching the guy who did it is Gustav Dore.