What is closest to Stabbing westward?
Patrick
2003-08-17 16:50:36 UTC
Hi

I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great band sound?
I hear prick, the dreaming or the clay people.
I don't know what they sound like so if anyone can help.

Thanks

Patrick
Reply here or to ***@NOSPAMyahoo.com (Remove NOSPAM).
Crudbreeder
2003-08-17 17:04:19 UTC
Post by Patrick
Hi
I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great band sound?
Milli Vanilli

--
"I am SMP system but wine no fastest from mono procesor system, if wine
use
all prosesor or only one"
Per
2003-08-18 22:10:57 UTC
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by Patrick
Hi
I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great band sound?
Milli Vanilli
Chaka Khan
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-08-17 18:53:36 UTC
Subject: Re: What is closest to Stabbing westward?
stabbing eastward?
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
paleophile
2003-08-18 18:50:01 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
stabbing eastward?
They opened for Depeche Mode
what a way to start out
poor buggers
Are you kidding? That's a fantastic opening gig. At the time (1993) DM had
just entered the Billboard charts at No. 1 with SOFAD and were embarking on
a sold out worldwide tour. It amounts to a shitload of exposure.

--
-paleophile (ask for e-mail)

"We don't do photo sessions any more. We had physical dummies,
replicas of ourselves made. They are plastic and more resistant to
photographs." --Ralf Hütter

Vote in '04: http://www.draftwesleyclark.com
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-18 20:36:37 UTC
Post by paleophile
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
stabbing eastward?
They opened for Depeche Mode
what a way to start out
poor buggers
Are you kidding? That's a fantastic opening gig. At the time (1993) DM had
just entered the Billboard charts at No. 1 with SOFAD and were embarking on
a sold out worldwide tour. It amounts to a shitload of exposure.
Not quite the Guns n' Roses tours that boosted NIN, Soundgarden and Faith no
More into the stratosphere back in those days, though.

Girl.
paleophile
2003-08-19 09:36:27 UTC
Post by paleophile
re you kidding? That's a fantastic opening gig. At the time (1993) DM
had
just entered the Billboard charts at No. 1 with SOFAD and were embarking on
a sold out worldwide tour. It amounts to a shitload of exposure.
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Stabbing Westward opened up for The ModeT
on a
much later tour, possibly even the Singles Tour. I know because I remember
doing my best to avoid hearing their tepid watered down industrial
stylings
whilst waiting for Dave and the boys to take the stage. Unless they opened
on
two separate tours, though I highly doubt that.
Yep, they had two opening slots: one during the SOFAD tour and one during
the Singles Tour.

I myself didn't know about the latter of the two.

vermin707
2003-08-21 20:32:58 UTC
They opened for Depeche Mode
what a way to start out
poor buggers
I saw them in 1996 with Shelter, who for those who don't know, are a
poppy Hare Krisna hardcore band (who at their worst sound like 311)
who were also trying to get on the radio at that time. I recieved the
tickets as unsolicited payment for some artwork I had done. The worst
stage pairing I've ever seen. The worst show I've ever seen Period.
Weird Kid
Patrick
Sound Mirror
2003-08-17 20:36:25 UTC
Post by Patrick
I hear prick, the dreaming or the clay people.
I don't know what they sound like so if anyone can help.
Circle of Dust, Celldweller.
I wouldn't say Celldweller.. maybe slightly, but i wouldn't say it resembles
Ungod in the least bit.
I haven't found anything that sounds similar to Ungod.. which I still feel
is their best album (although i love all of them.. except the last one). You
might want to try Machines of Loving Grace, Gravity Kills, Econoline Crush,
or God Lives Underwater (in that order).
If you listen to the song "Ungod" and then the song "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by
Filter, you will find the same guitar riff in the chorus of both songs.
That's because, at the time, SW and Filter's guitarist was Stuart Zechman.
Both parties agreed not to sue because it was Zechman's fault. Stuart
Zechman was kicked out of both bands.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-08-17 20:45:58 UTC
some stupid crap
dude, no one likes stabbing westward. shut up.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

g4sm4sk: oh yes, according to the brb site,
you are going to be in the Electronic Music
Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Sound Mirror
2003-08-18 04:07:35 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
some stupid crap
dude, no one likes stabbing westward. shut up.
lol.. you take any opportunity you can to try and put me down, don't you?
:-P
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-08-18 05:29:36 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
some stupid crap
dude, no one likes stabbing westward. shut up.
lol.. you take any opportunity you can to try and put me down, don't you?
:-P
lol duder omg why wouldn't i?

Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Patrick
2003-08-18 23:41:49 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
dude, no one likes stabbing westward.
I agree, i don't like them i luv them.

Signed : no one
Patrick
2003-08-18 23:39:26 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by Weird Kid
Circle of Dust, Celldweller.
You
Post by Sound Mirror
might want to try Machines of Loving Grace, Gravity Kills, Econoline Crush,
or God Lives Underwater (in that order).
Wowww!
Plenty of stuff to check out! Loving it already.

Thanks guys!

Patrick
Wade Alin
2003-08-17 20:59:56 UTC
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:50:36 -0500, Patrick wrote
(in message <***@posting.google.com>):

ahh, don't let the girls mess with you. prick is probably closer to SW, clay
people certainy has that "live sound" but the vocals are deadly intense most
of the time
Patrick
Patrick
2003-08-18 23:44:09 UTC
prick is probably closer to SW, clay people certainy has that "live
sound" but the vocals are deadly intense most of the time

Deadly intense vocals? Right up my alley!

Thanks bro

no one
paleophile
2003-08-17 21:14:18 UTC
Post by Patrick
Hi
I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great band sound?
I have no idea, but then again Stabbing Westward isn't an industrial band so
I suppose I can be excused on that one.

Bryce (Work)
2003-08-18 21:57:19 UTC
Post by Patrick
Post by Patrick
Hi
I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great
band sound?
I have no idea, but then again Stabbing Westward isn't an industrial band so
I suppose I can be excused on that one.
Neither is 99% of what people list as industrial on this group...

In fact, in my opinion, Industiral music as a genre does not exist.
Bryce (Work)
2003-08-19 13:09:16 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
Post by paleophile
I suppose I can be excused on that one.
Neither is 99% of what people list as industrial on this group...
In fact, in my opinion, Industiral music as a genre does not exist.
I bet you think Einsturzende Neubauten are just another one of those "boy
bands" right?
pray tell, how you came to that conclusion?
Dan
2003-08-20 02:13:35 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
I bet you think Einsturzende Neubauten are just another one of those "boy
bands" right?
pray tell, how you came to that conclusion?
"humorous sarcasm"

Love Dan
Marian Try Slaughter
2003-08-19 14:55:15 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
Post by paleophile
I suppose I can be excused on that one.
Neither is 99% of what people list as industrial on this group...
In fact, in my opinion, Industiral music as a genre does not exist.
I bet you think Einsturzende Neubauten are just another one of those "boy
bands" right?
Well, they certainly look the part...

--
"It's like that old saying: A conservative is a liberal who's been attacked
by aliens."
Simon - mhm27x5
Dan
2003-08-18 04:49:35 UTC
Post by Patrick
Hi
I just listened to Ungod and was wondering what is closest to that great band sound?
I hear prick, the dreaming or the clay people.
I don't know what they sound like so if anyone can help.
Filter if anything. Except for their last album, which was shit. Oh, and
don't listen to Stabbing Westward's most recent one either, or you'll be
sorely disappointed as well.

Love Dan
Patrick
2003-08-18 23:52:57 UTC
Post by Dan
Filter if anything. Except for their last album, which was shit. Oh, and
don't listen to Stabbing Westward's most recent one either, or you'll be
sorely disappointed as well.
Love Dan
Love Dan? Not with me i hope? Got a sister?
Just kidding man.
Ok filter might be getting a little bit too mainstream for me but
again i know only what i hear about them on the radio and i am not too
impressed.
I got Ungod and darkest days from SW.Love them both (That love word
again!)' but i will eventually grab the last one just to see how bad
it is.

Thanks dude

no one
Patrick
2003-08-21 00:55:37 UTC
Post by Patrick
I got Ungod and darkest days from SW.Love them both (That love word
again!)' but i will eventually grab the last one just to see how bad
it is.
It's not really a bad CD.. it's just not as good as their other 3 albums.
Sound

I listened to that last SW CD last night.Wowwww!Indeed very very
bad.The first 5 tracks are atrocious especially 3 and 5.The second
part gets a little better but not by much.Tracks 9 and 10 are the only
ones that i liked.That's slim!
Just too fucking slow.Maybe a lot of people listened only to that cd
of theirs and that is why the bad press???
I still have to get their first CD.

As of now after three(Out of 10 stars):

1)Darkest days 9/10
2)Ungod 8/10
3)Stabbing westward (Self titled) 2/10

Patrick
Sound Mirror
2003-08-21 01:13:06 UTC
Post by Patrick
I listened to that last SW CD last night.Wowwww!Indeed very very
bad.The first 5 tracks are atrocious especially 3 and 5.The second
part gets a little better but not by much.Tracks 9 and 10 are the only
ones that i liked.That's slim!
Just too fucking slow.Maybe a lot of people listened only to that cd
of theirs and that is why the bad press???
I still have to get their first CD.
Ungod = their first CD
As far as their last album being slow, I think it's because it's very
acoustic. I don't really understand why they changed to that sound, but some
of it is alright. Download the song "Hopeless" if you want a really good
acoustic Stabbing Westward track. It's from the Japanese import of Darkest
Days.
I dunno about "maybe a lot of people listened only to that CD".. the Wither
Blister Burn + Peel album went gold, surprisingly. I heard "Save Yourself"
on the radio quite often in 1998, which is from Darkest Days.
Post by Patrick
1)Darkest days 9/10
2)Ungod 8/10
3)Stabbing westward (Self titled) 2/10
That rating for Ungod should shoot up to 10 after a few more listens :-)
I'd give the self-titled a 5 or 6. WBB+P should receive about a 9 :-)

Be sure to check out the clip of Chris Hall's new band The Dreaming on their
site: www.thedreamingonline.com sounds very promising
Patrick
2003-08-21 22:17:19 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Ungod = their first CD
Ok my bad, i thought WBB+P was their first one.It's their second.Stuck
between "Ungod" and "Darkest days", it has to be FUCKING good!
Post by Sound Mirror
As far as their last album being slow, I think it's because it's very
acoustic. I don't really understand why they changed to that sound, but some
of it is alright.
It might have been an attempt at making a buck, trying to reach a
greater audience maybe?Just a guess.But as far as i am concerned, if i
want to hear stuff that slow it won't be from them.SW for me is just
not that.Killing-joke tried that too with the album "outside the gate"
and they failed too.

Post by Sound Mirror
acoustic Stabbing Westward track. It's from the Japanese import of Darkest
Days.
Where can i D/L it? I ain't too big on music downloads on my 56K
connection.
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by Patrick
1)Darkest days 9/10
2)Ungod 8/10
3)Stabbing westward (Self titled) 2/10
That rating for Ungod should shoot up to 10 after a few more listens :-)
I won't start a civil war on which SW album is the best, we got too
many enemies already! ;-)
Post by Sound Mirror
I'd give the self-titled a 5 or 6. WBB+P should receive about a 9 :-)
I expect a 8 or 9 for WBB+P knowing now that it came after Ungod and
before Darkest days.I will try to get it this week-end.
Post by Sound Mirror
Be sure to check out the clip of Chris Hall's new band The Dreaming on their
site: www.thedreamingonline.com sounds very promising
I will check it out over the week-end.

Patrick

Patrick
2003-08-21 21:59:42 UTC
A more valid question would be "why are you posting this to an
industrial music newsgroup?"
The Milli Vanilli newsgroup had too many messages for the day and i
was linked to this NG.

No one
Patrick
2003-08-18 23:48:10 UTC
It's gotta be Vex Red (http://www.vexred.com) (which is now known as
"Scenes" http://www.sexscenes.net/ )
Thanks Steve, will check the links out.You get a free SW tee-shirt
when they get back together.

no one