laeatherstrip?
tyler
2004-08-11 06:11:21 UTC
what happened to mr. larsen? i don't really listen to so-called
"industrial" so much anymore. i was flipping through my collection and
decided to put on self-inflicted. something i haven't listened to it
in quite some time and was just curious if this guy was still around?
i'm doubtful that he's still releasing music.
2004-08-11 11:51:49 UTC
Leatherstrip? Hmmmm.... the name does sound familiar... anyone?
18hz
2004-08-11 19:21:51 UTC
Post by ...
Post by tyler
what happened to mr. larsen? i don't really listen to so-called
"industrial" so much anymore.
Leatherstrip? Hmmmm.... the name does sound familiar... anyone?
LeƦther Strip:
<http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:5fu67ur0h0jj~T1>

If you listen to much :Wumpscut: the music may sound familiar too..

Wumpscut:
<http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:s7d6vwbya9uk~T1>

=;o)
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

'.. it was a matter of common knowledge that a man could carry about
in a handbag an amount of latent energy sufficient to wreck half a
city.' - The World Set Free / H.G.Wells / 1914
rivetmike
2004-08-12 12:11:46 UTC
Post by tyler
what happened to mr. larsen? i don't really listen to so-called
"industrial" so much anymore.
Recently did a remix for Kiew on their Diskette EP on Out Of Line records.

Rivetmike
ABZ
2004-08-12 09:17:10 UTC
Post by tyler
what happened to mr. larsen?
No one knows. He's not listed on his address anymore.
But on the 17th of November 2003 there was a remix on Out Of Line.
The band Kiew released "Diskette" with a Leaether Strip Remix on it:
Graograman. In my opinion the only good track on the album :)
But the remix starts with Larsen saying "Leaether Strip will be back
for more electronic mayhem".

But no one have verified that it was a new remix - it could very well
be one that have collected dust in the Kiew library for years.

I have also moved on from LS since the Inflicted era, but it's still a
great part of what I listened to back then. Some kind of closure would
be nice.

I know that festivals around Europe has tried to book him several
times, and with big cash advances to lure him out. But so far I never
heard that anyone has ever got in contact with him.

Theres also some silly romour that he stole some money from a record
label. But that's pretty far fetched (especially considering the
cashflow in this genre :-)

- ABZ
Zach
2004-08-16 04:51:51 UTC
Post by ABZ
Theres also some silly romour that he stole some money from a record
label. But that's pretty far fetched (especially considering the
cashflow in this genre :-)
- ABZ
Why do you think you have any idea what you're talking about? How do
you know it's 'far fetched'? You know jack shit. FYI, he took
advances from Metropolis for an album, and I'm talking about real
amounts of cash, and never produced any music in exchange for it.
None of this changes the fact that I loved his music in it's time.

That's real, it happened, end of story. This comes to you from the
first american to ever interview Claus Larsen.

Zach/Centyl
Don Muerte
2004-08-16 05:08:25 UTC
Post by Zach
That's real, it happened, end of story. This comes to you from the
first american to ever interview Claus Larsen.
Zach/Centyl
You're so full of yourself, Zach. :P
--
Don Muerte
http://www.ls-ttl.com

---
Locke
2004-08-16 11:09:49 UTC
Please let me quote Zach...
| FYI, he took
|advances from Metropolis for an album, and I'm talking about real
|amounts of cash, and never produced any music in exchange for it.

Actually, this is the best thing I've ever heard of LeƦtherstrip is his
entire career, ripping off a worthless crap label and (apparently)
getting away with it. Hopefully he'll continue his career in the same
direction.

CU,
Locke

NP: Wire "The Ideal Copy"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
| | / \ / _/| |/ /| _| / @ @ \
| |__| || || |_ | \ | _| (| \ |)
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
.
ABZ
2004-08-16 11:44:53 UTC
Post by Zach
Why do you think you have any idea what you're talking about?
Do you have any source references by any chance, Dr. P? You are
accusing the man of stealing.
Post by Zach
never produced any music in exchange for it.
Last I heard from Claus on the CL mailing list, he was at the final
stages on the follow up to Selfinflicted (not counting Carry Me).
But I'm not speaking on his behalf, I have just not seen or heard any
proof yet.
Post by Zach
None of this changes the fact that I loved his music in it's time.
Well, we do agree on something... :-)
Post by Zach
This comes to you from the first american to ever interview Claus Larsen.
On the topic of interviewing Claus, we can do all the pissing contests
in the world on my account...

To cut the crap, I followed the discussion on the CL mailinglist, and
that was mainly secondary rumours and gossip. And I can't remember
reading anything on RMI. Lastly I have seen no official statement from
anyone regarding this. And finally, it seems a bit weird that he is
listed in the public phonebooks (I'm told), if he is supposed to be
hiding.
It also puzzles me that Out Of Line would release a remix by CL, if he
was scamming the labels.

But don't flame me for doubting this, it's just that theres not
exactly massive amounts of info on this. And for once, you seem to
know something (PM?).

---
"Metropolis Records looks forward to future releases with one of the
top artists in the electronic underground!"
- http://www.metropolis-records.com/artists/?artist=leaether
hedgehog
2004-08-16 18:06:29 UTC
Post by Zach
That's real, it happened, end of story. This comes to you from the
first american to ever interview Claus Larsen.
Zach/Centyl
Really? When was this? And for what publication and/or radio station?
'Cause I interviewed him for/live on WMSE (Milwaukee)in 1993, about a
month or so after he'd come over here to sign off on his Cleo
contracts. And, at the time, he was pretty excited about it, as he
hadn't been really interviewed over here, yet. I'd be interested in
seeing an archive of the interview, to compare and contrast, as it
were.

-hedgey
WKR
2004-08-16 19:22:37 UTC
Post by hedgehog
'Cause I interviewed him for/live on WMSE (Milwaukee)in 1993, about a
month or so after he'd come over here to sign off on his Cleo
contracts. And, at the time, he was pretty excited about it, as he
hadn't been really interviewed over here, yet. I'd be interested in
seeing an archive of the interview, to compare and contrast, as it
were.
-hedgey
_ I remember that station ID Claus did for WMSE.It was goofy as hell.
"hi this is claus larsen from leaetherstrip,make yer ears bleeeeeeeed!"
There used to be a kick butt radio show on mondays noon til 3 and another
show later in the day.
:)
WKR

np: this morn omina " son of fire"
hedgehog
2004-08-17 04:02:07 UTC
Post by WKR
There used to be a kick butt radio show on mondays noon til 3 and another
show later in the day.
:)
WKR
I did Mondays 6-9 (AKA 'The Crawford Spot') for a couple of years
(93-95), and then K-Y did it after I moved, I think?

I liked the X Marks station ID.