New Puppy on Soundtrack Album?
durden964
2003-08-20 21:23:00 UTC
check it out, this is showing up all over the place... is it _really_
a new track? rumors of a new puppy album in the spring too!

this track listing is surfacing everywhere, looks cool. I got it from
here:
http://www.reallyscary.com/

a web search brings up this:
http://www.lakshore-records.com/underworld

* THE DAMNING WELL- Awakening- feat.Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Josh
Freese, & Danny Lohner
* PUSCIFER- Rev. 22:20- feat. Maynard James Keenan & Danny Lohner
* PAGE HAMILTON- Throwing Punches
* MILLA- Rocket Collecting
* RENHOLDER- Down In The Lab
* DAVID BOWIE FEATURING MAYNARD KEENAN- Disco King
* SKINNY PUPPY- Optimissed
* RENHOLDER- Down In The Lab
* A PERFECT CIRCLE- Judith (Renholder Mix)
* JOHNETTE NAPOLITANO- Suicide Note
* DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN- Baby's First Coffin
* TRUST COMPANY- Hover (Quiet Mix)
* RENHOLDER- Falling Through The Sky
* A PERFECT CIRCLE- Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix)
* FINCH- Worms of the Earth
* LISA GERMANO- From a Shell
* RENHOLDER- Death Dealer's Descent
* THE ICARUS LINE- On The Lash
* SARAH BETTENS- All Of this Past
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-08-20 21:27:30 UTC
Post by durden964
check it out, this is showing up all over the place... is it _really_
a new track? rumors of a new puppy album in the spring too!
like, oh my God!

I bet it's just an aDuck track with some growling phased over it
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Armitage-VI
2003-08-21 15:58:12 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
I bet it's just an aDuck track with some growling phased over it
Why is it that everyone bashes Skinny Puppy since
Dwayne died? I mean Ogre and Key have done PLENTY of music since his
death and alot of it is REALLY good. Not to mention that Puppy started
out as Ogre/Key, if you go back and listen to those early 80's Brap
albums,it's all just Key and Ogre. Also if you REALLY REALLY listen to
early Download, and Late 80's Puppy, you can really decipher who did
what, you can really tell Dwayne's contribution as opposed to what
Key's involvment is. Keyboards Keyboards Keyboards, Dwayne contributed
some fucking cool Pads, Strings and Melodies.

Who knows maybe I'm a sucker, But I absolutly LOVE
Download, the later stuff more so than the Furnace stuff, I love Ogre
and Mark Walks's stuff. I also LOVED The Process, so am I the only one
who totally stoked about a new Puppy album? Especially seeing how Mark
Walk is involved with it.

Of course there are going to be those certain RMI
posters that either don't like Skinny Puppy, or only like the TDP era,
and a new album would suck, because as we all know, they're selling
out, because they are making a new album. All if that shit is REALLY
immature and reminds me of being a teenager. I for one am ready to be
blown away and totally cash in on ANY future endeavors of Skinny Puppy
albums, tours, videos, etc... Call'em sell out's say that suck say
what you want, but I for one believe it's still going to be 99.9%
better than all the synth pop, Power crap, Eurotrash, Cyber metal
that's out there these days.

Regards,
David F
www.syncromesh.net
NP: Ghost Cauldron "Invent Modest Fires"
Locke
2003-08-21 16:59:49 UTC
One day Armitage-VI posted:
| Of course there are going to be those certain RMI
|posters that either don't like Skinny Puppy, or only like the TDP era,
|and a new album would suck, because as we all know, they're selling
|out, because they are making a new album. All if that shit is REALLY
|immature and reminds me of being a teenager. I for one am ready to be
|blown away and totally cash in on ANY future endeavors of Skinny Puppy
|albums, tours, videos, etc...

Ahem ... talk to us about teenagers and being immature. Don't you think
that your uncritical glorification of Puppy is at least as immature as the
mindless bashing of them?

For the record, I usually don't bash Skinny Puppy and their side projects
because I don't dislike them enough for that, but I still think they're
overrated.

CU,
Locke

NP: In the Nursery "Deco"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-08-21 17:32:07 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
Of course there are going to be those certain RMI
posters that either don't like Skinny Puppy.
Count me as one of those. Years ago someone told me to listen to Skuppy,
becuase i've been told "it's the best 'industrial' anything ever." So I
went out and bought what I was told were the acclaimed albums, being
"Rabies," "Too Dark Park," and "VIVIsectVI," and I didn't find any to
be enjoyable at all, and I still hold that to this day. Kevin Ogilvie's
"vocals" are just so damn annoying. Nothing he "sings" makes any sense
and he has no sense of rhythm or tone at all, same with the music. I
found it to be practicly unlistenable, and I'm a Merzbow, Masonna, and
old Industrial Records fan! Not to mention the whole "image" of Skinny
Puppy is ridiculous too.

Same goes with ohGr, Kevin Crompton's solo work, etc. I really don't see
the appeal to it. If any was played to non-fans they'd probably laugh
their asses off.

Honestly, WHAT is it about Skinny Puppy and related that people like?
There's nothing "thought provoking" or "inspiring" about it that's for
sure.
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
dabblerblue
2003-08-21 20:10:02 UTC
On 21 Aug 2003 17:32:07 GMT, Loki Ambrodious von Esling
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
Honestly, WHAT is it about Skinny Puppy and related that people like?
There's nothing "thought provoking" or "inspiring" about it that's for
sure.
It's subjective. You can't quantify that. I find it inspiring and
thought-provoking and you don't.

It's like, I love you, but I can't explain it to anyone else :(

-- phil.
Mikæl Orgillon
2003-08-23 05:08:02 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
[...]
Not everyone can agree as "the same" you have an opinion i have an
opinion, there all going to be diverse, so what -- the bottom line is
this, can you doing something better ? and if so lets see it ? -- i
seriously doubt most people who talk trash about Puppy can even prove
to themselfs how to create something "original" and something to make
you think...so continue your shit talk and show that you can do
better, i yet to see people out there say they can make a mark in
history like Skinny Puppy did.

M.Orgillon
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-23 18:36:36 UTC
I can't possibly explain why anyone would get into this stuff now, but I
realized along with a friend of mine a few years ago that Subhuman from TG
seems to do to both of us what Freebird does to most Rednecks, so my taste
is
suspect.
Not a big fan of Irish travellers then?

Girl.
rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
2003-08-24 22:58:26 UTC
new puppy track is somewhat decent.
fuzzpop, if you will.
ogre sings for 5 seconds, the rest is gibberish.

--
lam.[e].ARRRRGH

"Not to mention the brilliantly titled "Untitled". It's like, whoa, it was
supposed to have a title, but then they gave it, like, an untitle. That's
deep."

_josh hammonds
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-08-25 05:04:55 UTC
Post by rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
new puppy track is somewhat decent.
fuzzpop, if you will.
ogre sings for 5 seconds, the rest is gibberish.
hey, i predicted this, didn't i?
you make it sound like that was some sort of achievement-- we ALL saw
that coming, loki.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

g4sm4sk: oh yes, according to the brb site,
you are going to be in the Electronic Music
Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Dan
2003-08-21 06:15:54 UTC
* DAVID BOWIE FEATURING MAYNARD KEENAN- Disco King
Surely that has to be a joke. Not just the actual collaboration, but the
song title as well. If it is true, then it needs to be preserved and
treasured like some rare extinct animal that has just resurfaced in some
boy's backyard.

Love Dan
durden964
2003-08-21 19:50:04 UTC
no joke...

check it...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AYL3Q/qid%3D1061310627/sr%3D2-1/ref%3Dsr%5F2%5F1/104-0287560-6384744

1. Awakening - The Damning Well featuring Wes Borland, Richard
Patrick, Josh Freese, and Danny Lohner.
2. REV 22:20 - Puscifer featuring Maynard James Keenan, Danny Lohner
3. Throwing Punches - Page Hamilton
4. Rocket Collecting - Milla
5. Now I Know - Renholder
6. Bring Me The Disco King (Loner Mix) - David Bowie featuring Maynard
James Keenan & John Frusciante
7. Optimissed - Skinny Puppy
8. Down In the Lab - Renholder
9. Judith (Renholder Mix) - A Perfect Circle
10. Suicide Note - Johnette Napolitano
11. Baby's First Coffin - Dillinger Escape Plan
12. Hover (Quiet Mix) - Trust Company
13. Falling Through The Sky - Renholder
14. Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix) - A Perfect Circle
15. Worms of the Earth - Finch
16. From A Shell - Lisa Germano
17. Death Dealer's Descent - Renholder
18. On The Lash - The Icarus Line
19. All Of This Past - Sarah Bettens
Love Dan
2003-08-25 08:42:10 UTC
Oh fuck, it's not just Maynard... it's got John Frusciante on it too!
And wait, it gets worse: the new db album actually has an
anime-inspired cover.