Fad Gadget/Frank Tovey
dj_evol_eno
2006-10-23 13:15:08 UTC
I recently hosted a show on my local college radio station, a two-hour
"artist feature" all about Frank Tovey. I realize he's not strictly
industrial, but his influence in industrial/dance and experimental
electronic music was definitely felt. This was something I have wanted
to do since his death back in 2002, but I never had the time. With the
new 4 Disc retrospective I figured I had to do it now, with more
material available and my free time dwindling even more. I wasn't able
to prepare as much as I had hoped but I think the show came out pretty
good.

If you are a fan you might enjoy the look back at his work. If you are
unfamiliar with his work I think this is a good introduction to his
music and his life. And it's free, you don't even have to buy the new
retrospective (although I have to say, the videos, the documentary and
the live footage on the DVDs are worth the price and then there's the
rare and unreleased material on the music discs.

To check out the playlist of songs from the show, go to the blog entry
here, to the sites blog:
http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/journal/item/72

To check out the actual show as it was recorded last night on the air
go here to the music page:
http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/music/item/107
(click on the word "download" on the right hand side of the page)

your club convergence host
dj_evol_eno
2006-10-23 14:29:01 UTC
Much apologies to any of you that are interested in hearing this show.
It seems I accidently uploaded the entire recording (which includes the
30-40 minutes of the Jazz show, which aired prior to the artist
feature). I will fix this later today, but until then, if you want to
hear the show you'll have to wade through some south american jazz
first. sorry.
"artist feature" all about Frank Tovey, also known as Fad Gadget.
dj_evol_eno
2006-10-24 00:55:12 UTC
Fixed the recording so that it is now only the 2-hour Fad Gadget
special. And if you don't already know, Side-Line magazine is giving
away copies of the 2CD/2DVD retrospective.
Go here for the music page:
http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/music/item/109
Dave Watson
2006-10-24 01:10:47 UTC
Post by dj_evol_eno
Fixed the recording so that it is now only the 2-hour Fad Gadget
special. And if you don't already know, Side-Line magazine is giving
away copies of the 2CD/2DVD retrospective.
http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/music/item/109
I checked Side-Line's website. What they're giving away are copies of a
5-song promo CD plugging the box, not the box.
--
Dave Watson, Severed Heads Liberation Front (Stretcher CD-R--sevcom.com)
Frezier Balzoff (aka Ottawa), Ontario, Canada Email--shlf[at]ncf[dot]ca
Kill worms!! http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/
dj_evol_eno
2006-10-24 15:26:56 UTC
Thanks...knew I should've read up on that before I posted about it.
Anyway, free promo disc is better n nothin'. ;-)