emotional industrial?
h***@yahoo.com
2004-12-23 17:58:33 UTC
can anyone make suggestions for emotional industrial bands? I know
emotional is vague, and I don't mean emo stuff. Let me clarify some
electronic-ish bands I like and are what I'm looking for:
Assemblage 23
Abscess
A Trillion Barnacle Lapse
Decoder Feedback
I Parasite
Human Decay

I like the melodies of synthpop, trance, and electronica, but without
the danciness. So pretty much any bands that sound like the above
bands or trancey industrial bands

thanks in advance
ReVulse

#Andy#
e***@gmail.com
2004-12-23 23:06:24 UTC
That's dance shit.
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-12-27 15:18:29 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:
: That's dance shit.

Since you refuse to quote properly we have no idea what is dance shit.
e***@gmail.com
2004-12-29 01:25:49 UTC
Don't you have a threaded view in your reader? Ok. VNV Nation is
dance-y, which runs against what the OP asked for.
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-12-29 04:45:10 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:
: Don't you have a threaded view in your reader? Ok. VNV Nation is
: dance-y, which runs against what the OP asked for.

Even if I do, not everyone does. Please follow the *long* established
netiquette rules involved with usenet posting. This includes trimming
quotes but leaving enough for proper context and not top posting (which
you don't do since you don't leave any quotes at all).
e***@gmail.com
2004-12-30 13:08:07 UTC
Could you please tell that to google groups that makes it hard to do
that on firefox? Does quoting work on IE with google groups? I can't
use any other posting system sorry.
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-12-30 20:43:57 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote:
: Could you please tell that to google groups that makes it hard to do

Given that I pretty much avoid using google groups now altogether as
they've completely fucked up the interface, I doubt they'd listen to me.

: that on firefox? Does quoting work on IE with google groups? I can't
: use any other posting system sorry.

I have no idea. I have never used GG/deja/dejanews to post, just as
a searchable archive. Why not get yourself a real newsfeed and a real
newsreader?

If what you say is true tho, that annoys me even more then it did before
(re: GG) ... google is really starting to go downhill fast.
Delameko Stone
2004-12-29 19:14:42 UTC
I'd say VNV is no less dance-y than A23...
David Stallard
thanks in advance
Anders C. Nielsen
2004-12-25 20:13:12 UTC
You should DEFINTELY try these:

"VNV Nation"
"Diary of Dreams"
"Soil & Eclipse"
"Nammambulu"
"Diorama"
"Terminal Choice"
"Colony 5"
"Angels & Agony"
"Apoptygma Berzerk"
"Seabound"
"Tristesse de la Lune"
"Blutengel"
"Project Pitchfork"

...maybe you already know some of them?

Anders
thanks in advance
ReVulse
2005-01-07 08:25:49 UTC
Post by Anders C. Nielsen
"VNV Nation"
"Diary of Dreams"
"Soil & Eclipse"
"Nammambulu"
"Diorama"
"Terminal Choice"
"Colony 5"
"Angels & Agony"
"Apoptygma Berzerk"
"Seabound"
"Tristesse de la Lune"
"Blutengel"
"Project Pitchfork"
...maybe you already know some of them?
Anders
A couple of others :

Pride & Fall
Imperative Reaction (Highly recommend their last 2 albums)

#Andy#
neuro
2005-01-10 14:53:57 UTC
Rotersand

neuro
[postindustry.org]

gothic_hobbit
2005-01-07 02:38:20 UTC
Post by h***@yahoo.com
can anyone make suggestions for emotional industrial bands? I know
emotional is vague, and I don't mean emo stuff. Let me clarify some
Assemblage 23
Abscess
A Trillion Barnacle Lapse
Decoder Feedback
I Parasite
Human Decay
I like the melodies of synthpop, trance, and electronica, but without
the danciness. So pretty much any bands that sound like the above
bands or trancey industrial bands
thanks in advance
Isn't NIN emo-industrial ?

GoThIc_HoBbIt
e***@gmail.com
2005-01-09 23:57:49 UTC
Heh, to be a real r.m.i'er you have to hate anybody that can sell. In
addition, you have to hate anybody.

--
Eray