SPuppy movie samples
Slipface
2007-02-02 01:49:12 UTC
Gang,
I have a friend looking for a list of movies that Skinny Puppy has
sampled. Back when sampling was still considered tolerable, there used
to be a pretty extensive list (I think it covered several industrial
bands), but I have been unable to Google it up and the Wayback Machine
requires the actual URL where a page was hosted.

Anyone have such a list stored away somewhere they would be willing
share?

thankee,
_d
Brent Colflesh
2007-02-02 19:26:33 UTC
Post by Slipface
Gang,
I have a friend looking for a list of movies that Skinny Puppy has
sampled. Back when sampling was still considered tolerable, there used
to be a pretty extensive list (I think it covered several industrial
bands), but I have been unable to Google it up and the Wayback Machine
requires the actual URL where a page was hosted.
This place used to have the reference and the wav files for most of them:

http://skinnypuppy.cjb.net

Also some old NG posts about them:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.industrial/browse_frm/thread/2b332d0b34f4b01e/b55f4bf456da3ba8?lnk=st&q=%22skinny+puppy%22+samples&rnum=12#b55f4bf456da3ba8

and several more if you search Google Groups for:

"skinny puppy" sample
Slipface
2007-02-03 03:51:50 UTC
Post by Brent Colflesh
http://skinnypuppy.cjb.net
Dead link.
Post by Brent Colflesh
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.industrial/browse_frm/thread/2b332d0b
34f4b01e/b55f4bf456da3ba8?lnk=st&q=%22skinny+puppy%22+samples&rnum=12#b55f4bf4
56da3ba8
That was awesome. That'll keep my friend busy for a long while :)
Post by Brent Colflesh
"skinny puppy" sample
Funny that a regular Google search doesn't readily find hits on the
NGs. They might have been buried a few pages deep in the list of hits,
I suppose.

thanks much for the RMI/Google link!
_d
Brent Colflesh
2007-02-06 16:10:45 UTC
Post by Slipface
Post by Brent Colflesh
http://skinnypuppy.cjb.net
Dead link.
I know it's a dead link - it for Wayback Machine purposes, as mentioned
in your initial post.

Regardless, the important content wasn't indexed at archive.org :(
v***@centrum.sk
2007-02-06 16:31:55 UTC
Post by Slipface
Back when sampling was still considered tolerable, there used
to be a pretty extensive list (I think it covered several industrial
bands)
it was here (now dead):
www.sloth.org/samples-bin/samples/source

and now here (limited but works quite fine.. a lot of db errors)
http://web.archive.org/web/20030811010039/www.sloth.org/samples-bin/samples/source

and some more reading about.. :
http://www.side-line.com/forum/threads.php?id=4851_0_20_0_C

w.
mimus
2007-02-06 18:23:26 UTC
Post by v***@centrum.sk
Post by Slipface
Back when sampling was still considered tolerable, there used
to be a pretty extensive list (I think it covered several industrial
bands)
www.sloth.org/samples-bin/samples/source
and now here (limited but works quite fine.. a lot of db errors)
http://web.archive.org/web/20030811010039/www.sloth.org/samples-bin/samples/source
http://www.side-line.com/forum/threads.php?id=4851_0_20_0_C
Rabies/"Rivers" probably accounts for at least a quarter of 'em . . . .
--
Let there be throbbing.