Android Lust and Stagecraft
mimus
2011-04-18 16:32:01 UTC
Looking at the Zimeo and Youtube live videos of Android Lust, I'm
struck by the lack of stagecraft, in terms of sets and lighting.

Shikhee does her own outfits and body-paint and so on alright.

But as for the rest, it all tends to look like a garage band, two
gits, keys and drums.

Nothing much for the eyes at all.

A drop, a couple of legs, a fog-machine, an Intellilight or two, I
mean, c'mon . . . .

Let there be multimedial throbbing.
Shutup Man
2011-04-22 10:22:35 UTC
Post by mimus
Looking at the Zimeo and Youtube live videos of Android Lust, I'm
struck by the lack of stagecraft, in terms of sets and lighting.
Shikhee does her own outfits and body-paint and so on alright.
But as for the rest, it all tends to look like a garage band, two
gits, keys and drums.
Nothing much for the eyes at all.
A drop, a couple of legs, a fog-machine, an Intellilight or two, I
mean, c'mon . . . .
--
Let there be multimedial throbbing.
I'm sure Shikhee or Christopher would appreciate a donation to put
towards lighting etc.
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc.
John Kennard
2011-04-22 13:18:05 UTC
Post by Shutup Man
Post by mimus
Looking at the Zimeo and Youtube live videos of Android Lust, I'm
struck by the lack of stagecraft, in terms of sets and lighting.
Shikhee does her own outfits and body-paint and so on alright.
But as for the rest, it all tends to look like a garage band, two
gits, keys and drums.
Nothing much for the eyes at all.
A drop, a couple of legs, a fog-machine, an Intellilight or two, I
mean, c'mon . . . .
Let there be multimedial throbbing.
I'm sure Shikhee or Christopher would appreciate a donation to put
towards lighting etc.
I would too . . . .
Post by Shutup Man
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc
OK, sure, and I have no idea WhoTF Christopher is, but still--!
still--! the show is your best advertising (live and vids) . . . .

Which is why bands still tour, even though even major tours have lost
money ever since the '70s (I can still remember the _profound_ social
shock when Yes picked up their first corporate US tour-sponsor-- IIRC,
AC Delco).

"Timothy Leary's stopped throbbing . . . ."
mimus
2011-04-22 16:04:03 UTC
Post by John Kennard
Post by Shutup Man
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc
OK, sure, and I have no idea WhoTF Christopher is
Ah, Christopher Jon, of "I, Parasite" etc.

Dunno his work, excepting insofar as he's worked with AL.

Let there be throbbing.
mimus
2011-04-23 14:02:44 UTC
Post by John Kennard
Post by Shutup Man
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc
OK, sure, and I have no idea WhoTF Christopher is, but still--!
still--! the show is your best advertising (live and vids) . . . .
Which is why bands still tour, even though even major tours have lost
money ever since the '70s (I can still remember the _profound_ social
shock when Yes picked up their first corporate US tour-sponsor-- IIRC,
AC Delco).
I suppose I should reaffirm my basic interest here:

I love AL, and simply believe that that music deserves better than git-
band road-scoring, and a respectful setting.

Let there be respectful throbbing.
mimus
2011-05-04 21:46:02 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by John Kennard
Post by Shutup Man
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc
OK, sure, and I have no idea WhoTF Christopher is, but still--!
still--! the show is your best advertising (live and vids) . . . .
Which is why bands still tour, even though even major tours have lost
money ever since the '70s (I can still remember the _profound_ social
shock when Yes picked up their first corporate US tour-sponsor-- IIRC,
AC Delco).
I love AL, and simply believe that that music deserves better than git-
band road-scoring, and a respectful setting.
Case in point:

http://music.androidlust.com/track/the-want-existence-nonexistence

Flippin' ultimate.

Throbbin' right up there with Download's "Base Metal".
mimus
2011-05-05 21:16:14 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by John Kennard
Post by Shutup Man
They spend a lot of time and money on getting albums out, what with
mastering, artwork, packaging, the actual CDs, etc
OK, sure, and I have no idea WhoTF Christopher is, but still--!
still--! the show is your best advertising (live and vids) . . . .
Which is why bands still tour, even though even major tours have lost
money ever since the '70s (I can still remember the _profound_ social
shock when Yes picked up their first corporate US tour-sponsor-- IIRC,
AC Delco).
I love AL, and simply believe that that music deserves better than git-
band road-scoring, and a respectful setting.
http://music.androidlust.com/track/the-want-existence-nonexistence
Flippin' ultimate.
Throbbin' right up there with Download's "Base Metal".
Which is of course here:

--

Let there be Flash <spit> throbbing.