ShPx, and _Intercourse_ Indeed
mimus
2006-07-07 19:03:01 UTC
So I order a used copy of the old Skinny Puppy release, _Mind: The
Perpetual Intercourse_, 'cause I didn't like it when I heard it long long
ago and thought I'd give it another try and am too cheap to buy new when I
can buy used, and the CD comes in teh mail, and I pop it into the CD
player, kick wwwwwaaaayyyy back in preparation for some pleasant listening
and review, and lo and behold the CD itself (as opposed to the box) is a
copy of Skinny Puppy's _Rabies_, an album I know and love well, and it
even sez so on the CD itself (I didn't even notice when I popped it in).

Esthetic whiplash!
Let there be throbbing.
dave hillstrom
2006-07-07 23:01:51 UTC
Post by mimus
So I order a used copy of the old Skinny Puppy release, _Mind: The
Perpetual Intercourse_, 'cause I didn't like it when I heard it long long
ago and thought I'd give it another try and am too cheap to buy new when I
can buy used, and the CD comes in teh mail, and I pop it into the CD
player, kick wwwwwaaaayyyy back in preparation for some pleasant listening
and review, and lo and behold the CD itself (as opposed to the box) is a
copy of Skinny Puppy's _Rabies_, an album I know and love well, and it
even sez so on the CD itself (I didn't even notice when I popped it in).
Esthetic whiplash!
neener. aural tomfoolery.
--
Dave Hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj
"I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him? I think he went
-Dave Hillstrom
mimus
2006-07-08 03:05:00 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by mimus
So I order a used copy of the old Skinny Puppy release, _Mind: The
Perpetual Intercourse_, 'cause I didn't like it when I heard it long long
ago and thought I'd give it another try and am too cheap to buy new when I
can buy used, and the CD comes in teh mail, and I pop it into the CD
player, kick wwwwwaaaayyyy back in preparation for some pleasant listening
and review, and lo and behold the CD itself (as opposed to the box) is a
copy of Skinny Puppy's _Rabies_, an album I know and love well, and it
even sez so on the CD itself (I didn't even notice when I popped it in).
Esthetic whiplash!
neener. aural tomfoolery.
"Two-Time Grime", a great little piece, reminds me of a bunch of cats and
synthesizers tied up in a bag.

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

You want a job and a lizard to ride?

< _The Einstein Intersection_
r***@hotmail.com
2006-07-09 01:15:42 UTC
Post by mimus
So I order a used copy of the old Skinny Puppy release, _Mind: The
Perpetual Intercourse_, 'cause I didn't like it when I heard it long long
ago and thought I'd give it another try and am too cheap to buy new when I
can buy used, and the CD comes in teh mail, and I pop it into the CD
player, kick wwwwwaaaayyyy back in preparation for some pleasant listening
and review, and lo and behold the CD itself (as opposed to the box) is a
copy of Skinny Puppy's _Rabies_, an album I know and love well, and it
even sez so on the CD itself (I didn't even notice when I popped it in).
Esthetic whiplash!
--
Let there be throbbing.
that really sucks. Mind tpi was the 1st puppy album I bought wayyyy
back when it came out; at first I hated it; but something about it I
found intriguing, the rhythms lingered in my mind while at work; and at
home I listened again and again then I realized it was great and I was
hooked.
mimus
2006-07-09 21:50:16 UTC
Post by r***@hotmail.com
Post by mimus
[...]
I'll try again.

I've been listening to Android Lust largely over the last coupla weeks
(_Resolution_, _The Dividing_ and _Devour, Rise and Take Flight_), with
some side-trips like new copies of _That Total Age_ (raw, vigorous,
sincere, and just as fresh and relevant now as in '86 or -7, when it was
first released) and _Rebirth of Agony_ (where Claus Larsen showed Trent
Reznor how it should be done).
Let there be throbbing.
mimus
2006-08-11 19:29:55 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by r***@hotmail.com
Post by mimus
[...]
Jesus Christ! or any deity you want!

<wipes tears out of eyes>

Skinny Puppy/ Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse (Capitol) (1986)/ "Love",
"Stairs and Flowers", "One Time One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200
Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and "Antagonism" (37:45)

Well, I've tragically undervalued this release for about twenty years,
based on a single cursory listening in company.

On the plus side, I can still Learn Better.

The block starts with the short sweet instrumental (more or less) "Love"
and the funky and funny "relationship" piece "Stairs and Flowers", and
then starts getting down, and goes from "Love" to "Antagonism" (how could
I resist?).

And, needless to say, is gorgeous and powerful.

Just listening to the music, I would've placed this _between_ the very
murky _viviSectvi_ or wotever (which I had a copy of for years, so _that_
at least was a _considered_ opinion) and the clear power and beauty of

Skinny Puppy/ Rabies (1989) (Nettwerk)/ "Rodent", "Hexonxonx", "Amputate",
"Rivers", "Worlock" and "Two Time Grime" (30:50)

which block I have tried to describe here before as

<headbanging> <headbanging and twitching all over> <more and worse
twitching> <twitching becoming synchronized> <headbanging and twitching
slowing down to that great sweep> <headbanging and twitching crescendo>

BTW, "Deepdown Trama Hounds" (it's only charitable to assume that
"trama" is a neologism based on "trauma" and "drama") with a little
"creative misprision" seems very very relevant today, doesn't it?

Time for some reconsideration of the other pre-_Rabies_ stuff, huh?

With the exception of the stuff on the "Back and Forth" releases or
whatever, the second volume of which, _Brap_, was plainly studio leavings
(I had a copy of it, too).
Let there be throbbing.
mimus
2006-08-14 03:27:53 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by r***@hotmail.com
Post by mimus
[...]
I've already dropped the first two tracks to focus on the harder stuff.

Sweet and funny just isn't me, I guess.

It's still 30:44 long.
--
Let there be _throbbing_.