track IDs needed
Endzeit
2003-10-20 03:50:22 UTC
All I know is that these were from a mix tape a friend of mine made in 1988.
Please have a listen and see if you can guess any of them:

http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/544.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/547.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/548.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/549.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/550.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/551.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/553.mp3

thanks in advance
brad
Per
2003-10-20 10:40:54 UTC
Post by Endzeit
All I know is that these were from a mix tape a friend of mine made in 1988.
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/544.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/547.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/548.mp3
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/549.mp3
Don't recognize any of the above.
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/550.mp3
Sounds like the Shamen.
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/551.mp3
Almost like early Cassandra Complex. The stuff before 'Cyberpunx.'
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-10-22 14:01:52 UTC
Post by Endzeit
All I know is that these were from a mix tape a friend of mine made in 1988.
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/544.mp3
Apart from awful, I don't know. It's really bad electro-Goth, so there's
millions of bands to choose from.
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/547.mp3
AFAIK, the sample at the beginning is Ken Kesey of the Merry Pranksters, can't
tell you much else. It's got something of an early acid house vibe going on,
so it's possibly Psychic TV related, but it's not a track I've heard by them
(and I've most of their stuff from around '88).
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/548.mp3
No idea, but it sounds like it could be the same group as the previous one
(psychedelic dance sounds with Middle Eastern vocals).
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/549.mp3
10,000 Maniacs???
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/550.mp3
Possibly early Fini Tribe (when Chris Connelly was still with them) or Gaye
Bykers on Acid. Definitely an 80s white boy rap act.
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/551.mp3
Someone EBM/Gothy, so early Cassandra Complex is a possibility. Don't
recognise the song tho'.
Post by Endzeit
http://www.spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch/553.mp3
Not a clue. The Middle Eastern stuff might imply it's the same band as above
again, but that's just a guess.

Girl.