One Essential Disc .. ?
buzzgun
2009-03-06 14:07:05 UTC
2009-03-07 21:49:35 UTC

|Laibach - Wat?
|Muted Logic - False Lines?
|Noisex
|Noisuf-X
|Plastic Noise Experience
|Schnarf
|Sonar
|Synapscape

That's a tough one ... only one of them is essential?
I would go for Laibach, but WAT is hardly their best, therefore
probably not really essential. Clock DVA is important, too, but
they have more than one essential album. And then there's
Esplendor Geometrico ...

Well, if I have to pick one essential disc out of those I would
go for Clock DVA "Man Amplified".

Correct answer?

CU,
Locke

NP: Matmos "The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of a Beast"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
buzzgun
2009-03-08 00:48:06 UTC
Matmos cool! I was more interested in IDing the essential album for
the bands listed since I have NONE by most. Glad you mentioned DVA so
I can actually start somewhere as I broaden my collection.
buzzgun
2009-03-08 19:29:46 UTC
Aghast View

Woot! Help me nail down the essential discs! buzz
JD
2009-03-09 01:53:35 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Aghast View
|C-Drone Defect
|Clock DVA - Man Amplified?
|config.sys
|Converter - Blast Furnace?
|Der Blutharsch - supposedly only the early material is worth seeking
out for industrial fans
|Ellen Allien - Stadkind? Ellen Allien Remixes?
|Funker Vogt - Revivor? Maschine Zeit?
|Esplendor Geometrico
|Glis
|Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet?
|Headscan
|Hioctan
|Kiew - Exit 72? (have it)
|Klinik - End of the Line Boxset? (have it)
|Kompressor
|Laibach - Anthems? (have it?)
|Muted Logic - False Lines?
|Noisex
|Noisuf-X
|Plastic Noise Experience
|Schnarf
|Sonar
|Synapscape - So What? (have it)
Woot! Help me nail down the essential discs! buzz
What if there is more than one essential disk? Do you consider
Rammstein, KMFDM, NIN as worthy of your list?
JD..
buzzgun
2009-03-12 01:24:07 UTC
Post by JD
Post by buzzgun
Aghast View
|C-Drone Defect
|Clock DVA - Man Amplified?
|config.sys
|Converter - Blast Furnace?
|Der Blutharsch - supposedly only the early material is worth seeking
out for industrial fans
|Ellen Allien - Stadkind?  Ellen Allien Remixes?
|Funker Vogt - Revivor?  Maschine Zeit?
|Esplendor Geometrico
|Glis
|Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet?
|Headscan
|Hioctan
|Kiew - Exit 72? (have it)
|Klinik - End of the Line Boxset? (have it)
|Kompressor
|Laibach - Anthems?  (have it?)
|Muted Logic - False Lines?
|Noisex
|Noisuf-X
|Plastic Noise Experience
|Schnarf
|Sonar
|Synapscape - So What?  (have it)
Woot! Help me nail down the essential discs!  buzz
What if there is more than one essential disk? Do you consider
Rammstein, KMFDM, NIN as worthy of your list?
--
  JD..- Hide quoted text -
If there is more than one please by all means outline your indivisible
tour and she mentioned only if Trent immolates himself onstage. lol!
JD
2009-03-12 02:19:23 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Post by JD
Post by buzzgun
Aghast View
|C-Drone Defect
|Clock DVA - Man Amplified?
|config.sys
|Converter - Blast Furnace?
|Der Blutharsch - supposedly only the early material is worth seeking
out for industrial fans
|Ellen Allien - Stadkind? Ellen Allien Remixes?
|Funker Vogt - Revivor? Maschine Zeit?
|Esplendor Geometrico
|Glis
|Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet?
|Headscan
|Hioctan
|Kiew - Exit 72? (have it)
|Klinik - End of the Line Boxset? (have it)
|Kompressor
|Laibach - Anthems? (have it?)
|Muted Logic - False Lines?
|Noisex
|Noisuf-X
|Plastic Noise Experience
|Schnarf
|Sonar
|Synapscape - So What? (have it)
Woot! Help me nail down the essential discs! buzz
What if there is more than one essential disk? Do you consider
Rammstein, KMFDM, NIN as worthy of your list?
--
JD..- Hide quoted text -
If there is more than one please by all means outline your indivisible
favorite(s). As for the bands you listed Rammstein, KMFDM, NIN...
Too much guitar for me personally. I used to dig plenty of KMFDM
though, I asked my faveorite DJ if she was going to hit the last NIN
tour and she mentioned only if Trent immolates himself onstage. lol!
Good enough. I'll get back to you. I'm not familiar with most the bands
you listed and I'm not a "industrial" purist so I probably won't add
much to your list. But you did ask...
JD..
buzzgun
2009-03-13 04:48:56 UTC
Converter - Picked up Blast Furnace & Shock Front (reviews to come..)
Endif - Picked up Meta ..
Grabbed the Maschinenfest 00 & 01 comps ..
buzz
mimus
2009-03-21 03:27:11 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Aghast View
C-Drone Defect
Clock DVA
config.sys
Converter - Blast Furnace?
Der Blutharsch
Ellen Allien - Stadkind?
Funker Vogt - Revivor?
Esplendor Geometrico
Glis
Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet?
Definitely:

Haujobb/ Solutions for a Small Planet (1996)(Metropolis/ Offbeat)/ "The
Cage Complex", ("Nature's Interface",) "Depths", "Distance", "Clockwise"
and "The Cage Complex" again (27:38(32:50))

is as splendid a block as you'll find in electro-EBM.
Post by buzzgun
Headscan
Hioctan
Kiew
Klinik
Kompressor
Laibach - Wat?
Muted Logic - False Lines?
Noisex
Noisuf-X
Plastic Noise Experience
Plastic Noise Experience/ -196 C (1994)(Van Richter/ KK)/ "Spying Views",
"Plugged", "Inter Space", "Synthesis" and "Last Regression" (21:30)

is the only one I've had by them, and is about as minimal as I'd like to
go, although that block is more than listenable, and grows on ya (and you
can repeat the frist track at the end to get a little more time out of it).
Post by buzzgun
Schnarf
Sonar
Synapscape
--
Let there be an occasional post about throbbing.