What is your fav goth band
Ron Hunter
2004-06-19 23:54:30 UTC
Mine is Sisters of Mercy

Will they ever get back together?
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-20 00:39:11 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
let's hope not.
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
e23topy at yahoo dot commmmm
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

"What is with you and this 'safety' thing?" -Rock
REMUS
2004-06-20 11:22:39 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
Lacuna Coil for pure gothic, but would you guys consider Rob/White Zombie to
be goth too?

+ cross posting is bad, also why have you cross posted it to
rec.photo.digital ffs?
Lionel
2004-06-20 13:51:31 UTC
Post by REMUS
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
Lacuna Coil for pure gothic, but would you guys consider Rob/White Zombie to
be goth too?
+ cross posting is bad, also why have you cross posted it to
rec.photo.digital ffs?
He's crossposting from RPD to as manny other groups as possible, in an
attempt to make a mess of RPD, so it'd be appreciated if you all would
be so kind as to not indulge him. Ditto for any other trolls xposting
via anonymous remailers.

PS: I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to consider White Zombie goth.
;)
Tony Spadaro
rec.photo.digital ffs?
Todd Clayton
2004-06-20 18:00:18 UTC
Post by Tony Spadaro
Why have YOU continued the crossposting you brain dead web weasel?
Because he hangs out in a .gothic NG?
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird
REMUS
2004-06-20 21:04:17 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Tony Spadaro
Why have YOU continued the crossposting you brain dead web weasel?
Because he hangs out in a .gothic NG?
Cheers Todd, thank fuck some one has some comman sense! Brain dead web
weasel.... *shakes head*
Dr Fish
2004-06-20 11:57:26 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
They still are together are they not - they did a tour of the UK a couple of
years ago
Francois Labreque
2004-06-20 13:03:05 UTC
Program ended abnormally on 19/06/2004 19:54, Due to a catastrophic Ron Hunter
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
Please do not feed the troll.

Here's a list of Mr. Hunter's insightful posts for this week.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&as_drrb=b&q=author%3Aron__hunter%40hotmail.com&btnG=Search&as_mind=1&as_minm=6&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=20&as_maxm=6&as_maxy=2004

(sorry about the word wrap)
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
oldgoth
2004-06-20 13:53:54 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Please do not feed the troll.
Or cross post any more replies.

martin oldgoth
website: www.insanitorium.co.uk
June 19th - Synthetic & Living With Eating Disorders
"You're not drunk if you can lay on the floor without holding on" - Dean
Martin
18hz
2004-06-20 19:35:26 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Mine too. I think I preferred The Mission 'back in the day'
[1987-1990], which is odd because they were _shite_ when you listen to
them now.. ..Oh yeah, we used to be loaded on Thunderbird and poppers
most of the time, that could explain it?

The Sisters records somehow stuck with me all through my dodgy
acid-crusty and rivethead phases. I love them still despite all the
'politics'.

It is possible that The Sisters of Mercy were almost as shite as The
Mish, and I just came across them at an especially vulnerable period
in my life, but I don't really think so. Whatever.
Post by Ron Hunter
Will they ever get back together?
Is Eldritch even on speaking terms with Eldritch?
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

Ben * Folds * Manipulate
18hz
2004-06-20 22:36:19 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Oh shit. This was crossposted to UPG...

Sisters of Mercy? Neverheard of them mate, some kind of heavy metal
band?

=;o)
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

Is there no help for the widow's son?
Pablo
2004-06-20 20:20:38 UTC
It would be hard to figure out if they've split as they're really only
Andrew Eldritch and whomever is in his good books at the time.

The Sisters will end when Andrew Eldritch finally goes to that grest big
playpen in the sky and take the dummy he keeps spitting with him!!!

Having said all that, they are my favourite too.
Todd Clayton
2004-06-20 21:02:49 UTC
Post by Pablo
It would be hard to figure out if they've split as they're really only
Andrew Eldritch and whomever is in his good books at the time.
The Sisters will end when Andrew Eldritch finally goes to that grest big
playpen in the sky and take the dummy he keeps spitting with him!!!
It'll be interesting to see when he finally splits with himself and
reproduces asexually.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
Crudbreeder
like Madonna?
Armitage-VI
2004-06-21 15:48:47 UTC
Hey Everyone,

This is easy I'd say Switchblade Symphony but really only fist
album and there early works as of Brad and Jam and Three Calamaties
I'd say they were more of a Trip Hop act. Love'em 4 ever though and
they have a new DVD coming out.

If we are talking about true Goth Rock through and though, I
will say This Ascension is the number one for 1, Dru Allen has the
voice of an angel and the band as a whole is just amazing. PLus they
are playing the Black Cat in D.C. Saturday July 3rd, and I will be
coming all the way from Savannah. GA to check out the show...

Cheers,
David
www.thelastwebsiteonearth.com
John McWilliams
2004-06-21 16:37:45 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
Hey Everyone,
This is easy I'd say Switchblade Symphony but really only fist
album and there early works as of Brad and Jam and Three Calamaties
I'd say they were more of a Trip Hop act. Love'em 4 ever though and
they have a new DVD coming out.
If we are talking about true Goth Rock through and though, I
will say This Ascension is the number one for 1, Dru Allen has the
voice of an angel and the band as a whole is just amazing. PLus they
are playing the Black Cat in D.C. Saturday July 3rd, and I will be
coming all the way from Savannah. GA to check out the show...
Thanks for the info.

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country.
-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.
Chuang Shyue Chou
You mean 'Esther'?
voodoø
2004-06-21 22:32:00 UTC
journey.
Nadia
2004-06-24 19:43:15 UTC
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please visits my website darkwave-neo-gothic-ebm-industrial music to listen
www.darkgrafika.com
journey.
Veni Vidi Exii
2004-06-24 19:55:12 UTC
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
--
-Chris
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."

"For that much man-on-man power, you had to step over into the
German industrial theme, the most manly music of all time."
- Hans Bunschlapen, of Zeigenbock Kopf
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-24 21:37:00 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
50 CENT!!!1
--
np: Edelweiss - Bring me Edelweiss

"He's soft & squishy as opposed to flat and full of letters." -Matt D
voodoø
2004-06-25 01:13:58 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
oh, now you're going to make me change my mind!!1!
Tiny Human Ferret
2004-06-25 22:05:11 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, truly, it's time to settle this once and for all:

Who's more Goth, Jethro Tull or Britney Spears?
--
The incapacity of a weak and distracted government may
often assume the appearance, and produce the effects,
--Gibbon, "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"
Per
2004-07-06 04:49:04 UTC
Post by Tiny Human Ferret
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
Who's more Goth, Jethro Tull or Britney Spears?
Jethro.
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Todd Clayton
2004-06-26 22:24:42 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Nadia
Sisters of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!!!!!!
PLAY SAVIOUR!!!!
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
Navy Kurt
2004-07-01 00:59:50 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Will they ever get back together?
the closest i get to goth is the cramps. "bad music for bad people"
fuckin' rocks.
i had "smell of female" and i wore the tape out. "whig hat" is one of
my all time favorite songs. no really, it is.
Varizo
2004-07-03 02:26:07 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Mine is Sisters of Mercy
Well from wot ive heard of old goth bands, i like The Sisters Of Mercy
too, and Bauhuas and The Jesus And Mary Chain, and Pop Will Eat
Itself, [tho i dont think thta they were ever that goth tho, but
anyway, there singer Clint, had long black hair, and ive got long
black hair and a lot of ppl think that im goth because of it], anyway
then there is The Cure , ive heard early stuff by them which is realy
good, and Nick Cave too.
But all that is old goth bands, the only one that i can think of who
is around 2day who i like is HIM.
V.
Varizo
2004-07-03 02:45:03 UTC
Oh an i forgot to mention Electric Wizard, they r v dark and doomy
souunding, i got the We Live album, its realy good.
V.
G.T.
2004-07-03 02:50:00 UTC
Christian Death
--
Destroy your safe and happy lives
Before it is too late
Just not to be consumed by rock'n'roll
tomb_lily
2004-07-05 16:20:50 UTC
My current favorites include:

Sleeping Children (France)
The Brides (NYC)
Malice in Leatherland (MA)
Faith and the Muse
Turn Pale (IN)
Cinema Strange (CA)
Bloody, Dead and Sexy
The Empire Hideous (NYC)
Bella Morte (VA)
Myssouri (GA)
Ghoultown (TX)
The Prids (OR)
Tragic Black (NV)
Antiworld (OR)
Black Ice (CA/sf)
Sixteens (CA/sf)
Frank the Baptist (CA)
Penis Flytrap (CA)
Dinah Cancer and the Graverobbers(CA)
Tears for the Dying (GA)

Strangely enough, all in my list are current bands. I don't listen
to much old goth anymore.

~ tomblily ~

http://deathrock.com
http://goth.net