Opinions on OhGr's Sunnypsyop???
Armitage-VI
2003-08-13 16:54:10 UTC
Dear RMI,

Anyway so I was pretty excited about the new Ohgr album, I
think that WELT was one of the best releases to come along in a long
time, and I think Mark Walk's programming and production is certainly
top notch. Now I'm about to say something and I hate to admit it, but
I was a wee bit let down because WELT was fucking catchy as hell, I
mean you could shake your booty to it, and head bob all day long.
Sunnsysyop seems more slower paced and experimental in nature. While
it's growing on me does anyone else feel a little let down that it's
not as catchy as WELT?.

It makes me wonder if Ogre and Walk and saving up the
Really GOOD stuff for the new Puppy album, and the Sunnysyop was sort
of "on the side tracks". Anyway it's a hell of alot better than the
Puppy remixes that was on the Dys Temper CD. and Still way better than
most of the Euro trash out there, but not as catchy as WELT. So what
do you guys n gals think?

Peace,
David
NP:OhGr "Sunnysyop"
www.syncromesh.net
Dan
2003-08-14 10:13:55 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
So what
do you guys n gals think?
Electroclash. And unfortunately there's much better artists out there
doing that sort of thing.

Love Dan
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-14 19:47:37 UTC
"
Post by Dan
Electroclash. And unfortunately there's much better artists out there
doing that sort of thing.
No way. It's a bit too dark to be considered electroclash. However
it is quite inducive of *cringe and shudder* bootyshaking(may I never
use that word again). Besides, Ogre's hair, clothes, and shoes aren't
nearly trendy enough in that horrid retro style to fall under that
umbrella. Electroclash is about fashion, folks, not music.
Fashion as in clothes? Very few of the bands dress alike - Ladytron in
particular seem very influenced by TG's military chic, comparing starkly
with Fischerspooner's glam look. Electroclash is about mixing and matching
styles from 20 odd years, a very healthy alternative to the over ghettoised
dance scene.

Girl.
j***@hexdump.org
2003-08-14 20:42:56 UTC
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist <***@nospamsortedmagazine.com> wrote:
: Fashion as in clothes? Very few of the bands dress alike - Ladytron in
: particular seem very influenced by TG's military chic, comparing starkly
: with Fischerspooner's glam look. Electroclash is about mixing and matching
: styles from 20 odd years, a very healthy alternative to the over ghettoised
: dance scene.

We should probably consult Hardwired Monster Trux compilation for more
fashion tips.

(only because I haven't a) posted in a while and b) needled you about HMT
in an even longer while) :)
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist

Girl.
Workbreeder
2003-08-15 08:04:19 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
"
Post by Dan
Electroclash. And unfortunately there's much better artists out there
doing that sort of thing.
No way. It's a bit too dark to be considered electroclash. However
it is quite inducive of *cringe and shudder* bootyshaking(may I never
use that word again). Besides, Ogre's hair, clothes, and shoes aren't
nearly trendy enough in that horrid retro style to fall under that
umbrella. Electroclash is about fashion, folks, not music.
Fashion as in clothes? Very few of the bands dress alike - Ladytron in
particular seem very influenced by TG's military chic, comparing starkly
with Fischerspooner's glam look. Electroclash is about mixing and matching
styles from 20 odd years, a very healthy alternative to the over ghettoised
dance scene.
Unfortunately much of it sounds just a bad nowadays as it did 20 years
ago.
j***@hexdump.org
2003-08-15 19:00:10 UTC
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist <***@nospamsortedmagazine.com> wrote:
: Tiga & Zyntherius all hit the charts here in the UK). That said, though, the
: is some good stuff in there, and there are really fun bands like the Droyds
: around.

But what none of you are answering is if the new OhGr sounds like
Electroclash or not!
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-16 17:23:20 UTC
Post by j***@hexdump.org
: Tiga & Zyntherius all hit the charts here in the UK). That said, though, the
: is some good stuff in there, and there are really fun bands like the Droyds
: around.
But what none of you are answering is if the new OhGr sounds like
Electroclash or not!
I dunno, I haven't heard it!

Girl.
rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
2003-08-16 21:34:02 UTC
Post by j***@hexdump.org
But what none of you are answering is if the new OhGr sounds like
Electroclash or not!
the only thing it has in common with electroclash is the use of machines STRATE
OUTA THE 80s!

--
lam.[e].ARRRRGH

"Not to mention the brilliantly titled "Untitled". It's like, whoa, it was
supposed to have a title, but then they gave it, like, an untitle. That's
deep."

_josh hammonds
Lief Kirn
2003-08-17 00:40:16 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Ladytron in
particular seem very influenced by TG's military chic
I would say Ladytron is more influenced musically and in the fashion sense by
Kraftwerk. Ladytron doesn't look military at all. More like techno geeks. I
call them the transgendered Kraftwerk.
Josh Hammonds
2003-08-14 17:02:55 UTC
So what do you guys n gals think?
Pretty much the same thing you did. I thought Welt was classic, but I was
severely disappointed with the lack of good times on Sunnypsyop. There are
some really good tracks on it, but most of it came off as really uninspired
and forgettable.

Josh Hammonds
---
<]]]*>
Rivethead Extraordinaire
"When I grow up, I want to be a Transformer."
Lief Kirn
2003-08-17 17:58:46 UTC
But only two of'em are ladies.
That, I am aware of. Ladytron, 2 girls, 2 guys = 4people that all dress alike.
Kraftwerk, 4 males that all dress alike. I meant to say I refer to ladytron as
the multigendered kraftwerk. However the point being, they don't resemble TG
really on any level.
Lief Kirn
2003-08-18 02:56:38 UTC
Last time I saw them on TV, they were dressed in black military gear with
patches.
Ok, Dark techno geeks then?
Seeing as I had just seen the TG exhibition in London that week, I
was very much in a position to compare.
I dont see how that puts you in more of a position to compare then any other TG
fan, like myself.

I have seen plenty of TG pictures from the book Wreckers of Civilization, live
vids etc. I have also seen a lot of pictures of Ladytron. I did not see what
ever program on TV you saw them perform on, but with everything i've seen, they
look like Kraftwerk, yo.
TG went through a period of being 3 guys and 1 girl
I thought TG was always a group of 3 males and 1 female.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-18 22:42:10 UTC
Post by Lief Kirn
Last time I saw them on TV, they were dressed in black military gear with
patches.
Ok, Dark techno geeks then?
Seeing as I had just seen the TG exhibition in London that week, I
was very much in a position to compare.
I dont see how that puts you in more of a position to compare then any other TG
fan, like myself.
Eh, not trying to be elitist, the same week I saw Ladytron on some Channel 4
TV programme, I was as far away from the black TG uniforms as I am from the
screen on my computer. They were exactly the same. The lead singer also has
very similar hair to Cosey's.
Post by Lief Kirn
I have seen plenty of TG pictures from the book Wreckers of Civilization, live
vids etc. I have also seen a lot of pictures of Ladytron. I did not see what
ever program on TV you saw them perform on, but with everything i've seen, they
look like Kraftwerk, yo.
I'm not denying there's a Kraftwerk influence, as well as a serious Beatnik
look and a dose of the Velvet Underground, but I still saw them wearing
outfits exactly like the TG uniforms. OK?
Post by Lief Kirn
TG went through a period of being 3 guys and 1 girl
I thought TG was always a group of 3 males and 1 female.
Good netiquette, cut the rest of the sentence to make a point.

Girl.
Keef
2003-08-19 08:57:36 UTC
la la la lala la la lala la la lala la la lala la la lala la la la
la la la la
la la la lala la la la
la la la lala la la lala la la lala la la lala la la lala la la lala la la
wala la la lala la la lala la la la
[...]
Or at least that's what it seemed like to me. Who fucking cares! They
more than likely had a bit of a TG influence, but the only people who
know that for sure are Ladytron, so there's no point in arguing about
something you both have no conclusive knowledge of.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-19 17:37:09 UTC
Post by Keef
Or at least that's what it seemed like to me. Who fucking cares! They
more than likely had a bit of a TG influence, but the only people who
know that for sure are Ladytron, so there's no point in arguing about
something you both have no conclusive knowledge of.
Now you're complaining about pointless discussions? For fuck sake, it's
Usenet. And, if I ever get around to arranging an interview, I'll ask them.
One thing's for certain, though, the Droyds are definitely influenced by TG
and include three former Psychic TV members.

Girl.
Keef
2003-08-20 09:27:18 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Now you're complaining about pointless discussions? For fuck sake, it's
Usenet.
True. And there's very little else left on RMI