long time no see
f***@gmail.com
2006-10-04 20:26:53 UTC
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?

paradive
np: expansion 2.0 disc 2 - converter
mimus
2006-10-04 21:21:38 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?
paradive
np: expansion 2.0 disc 2 - converter
As you should be able to see, rmi's pretty much in the shape you were in
(belated sympathies!), with not much going on except playlists, DJ-show
and concert announcements, announcements of new releases by labels from
time to time, and some website-based music offerings.

But then again, if it wasn't for all that, the group would be completely
dead.

We could use some aggressive purchasers/borrowers and reviewers of
new stuff around here, with actual descriptions of music, comparisons with
older stuff and so on.

Only thing I've seen really interesting recently is the news that Nitzer
Ebb's on tour, and I guess you saw the recent concert review here, but
that's, like, apparently, an Old Fogies' thing . . . .

Although they're hardly as decrepit as, say, the Stones.
Let there be throbbing.
Syl
2006-10-05 22:16:13 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by f***@gmail.com
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?
Hello,

Well, I don't know you, but I guess i'm glad you recover from a coma oO
RMI ismm really sleepy but what i like about it is that THERE ARE still
people
lurking and ready to post, and no bullshit.

I like This Morn Omina, with a littlr preference for Serpent rouge/blanc
rather tha the last
which is good too!
I discover them on the remixes on Flint Glass new album (Lovecraftian
influence), along with
Empusae which i love :) I really enjoy his last album Error 404. It has all
the patterns, rythmic
synthetic melodies and ambiances I like.

http://www.ear-rational.com/detail.php?id=21127
http://www.discogs.com/release/535239

Ad nauseam gives globally very good music in my opinion.

There is a new Oil 10 at Funkwelt, any review?

RMI is not totally dead because Industrial music and Usenet are NOT.

:)

cheers,

Syl
Let there be throbbing.
Per
2006-10-05 15:53:23 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?
Coma, that sucks. :(

RMI is pretty dead. Everything moved to Livejournal, Myspace, PHP
boards or whatever they're called, see www.side-line.com's forum, etc.

A few still visit from time to time.
--
Per - navian*comcast*net
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2006-10-05 16:10:04 UTC
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?
Coma, that sucks. :(
RMI is pretty dead. Everything moved to Livejournal, Myspace, PHP
boards or whatever they're called, see www.side-line.com's forum, etc.
A few still visit from time to time.
I try to toss in some babble from time to time, but I just don't have the
purchasing power to light the dam' place up with reviews of new stuff.
Let there be throbbing.
Albino Leviathan
2006-10-05 17:10:42 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
time to catch up...
for years i spent trolling rmi, but in feb.- may '05 i was in a coma
and have been out of comission ever since.so i'm kinda looking for a
general update. and i have dialup at the moment and it's not streaming
radio friendly at all. what do i need to get to catch up? i recently
got some This Morn Omina which i LOVE. and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass. what else is going on?
Coma, that sucks. :(
RMI is pretty dead. Everything moved to Livejournal, Myspace, PHP
boards or whatever they're called, see www.side-line.com's forum, etc.
A few still visit from time to time.
I try to toss in some babble from time to time, but I just don't have the
purchasing power to light the dam' place up with reviews of new stuff.
Yeah, I check this out everyday. It is the most "busy" newsgroup of the
three I am subscribed to. So isn't that sad? I also read
alt.music.electronic and alt.music.techno. RMI has 'em beat.
--
Albino Leviathan
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
http://members.cox.net/albinoleviathan
mimus
2006-10-05 17:25:07 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
Post by mimus
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
[...]
Please tell me you're being sarky.

What about alt.music.progressive? every time I flip a crosspost from here
that way, I get responses, often nasty, so there must be some activity
there, or at least one prick . . . .

Let there be throbbing.
f***@gmail.com
2006-10-05 18:42:59 UTC
where at at livejournal? i spend a lot of time over there.

paradive
np: horses in the sky - a silver mt. zion
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Per
2006-10-05 19:11:47 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
where at at livejournal? i spend a lot of time over there.
I think it is more seperated, people's friends lists, various groups, etc.
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2006-10-05 19:48:57 UTC
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
where at at livejournal? i spend a lot of time over there.
I think it is more seperated, people's friends lists, various groups, etc.
They have a search function, surely.

Not that I want to encourage web-forum use in competition with Usenet.
Let there be throbbing.
b***@gmail.com
2006-10-10 16:01:14 UTC
Post by mimus
Not that I want to encourage web-forum use in competition with Usenet.
you know we can just sorta start POSTING again and hope people join in?
my understanding is usenet died mainly due to PHP boards and invision
becoming useful, but we can still kick it like the '02

usenet died slightly after "the war on terror" began... CONCIODENCE???!!
Francois Labreque
2006-10-12 02:11:14 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
usenet died slightly after "the war on terror" began... CONCIODENCE???!!
No. I guess most people got tired of having political flamewars in a
music newsgroup.

np: Nouvelle vague - Bande à part
--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
flabreque | button on a cat who wants breakfast.
videotron.ca
b***@gmail.com
2006-10-13 13:49:18 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
No. I guess most people got tired of having political flamewars in a
music newsgroup.
I honestly dont think most usenet users would be tired ov having ANY
flamewar in any group

thats why i loved you guys, such senseless anger <3
mimus
2006-10-13 17:14:52 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Francois Labreque
No. I guess most people got tired of having political flamewars in a
music newsgroup.
I honestly dont think most usenet users would be tired ov having ANY
flamewar in any group
thats why i loved you guys, such senseless anger <3
You get that in the lyrics a bit, too.
Let there be throbbing.
Girl <last name>
2006-10-15 02:00:33 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Francois Labreque
No. I guess most people got tired of having political flamewars in a
music newsgroup.
I honestly dont think most usenet users would be tired ov having ANY
flamewar in any group
Most of 'em (myself included) are probably involved in Wikipedia edit wars -
politics and music-related :)

Girl.
Brett Banditelli
2006-11-02 13:45:37 UTC
Post by Girl <last name>
Most of 'em (myself included) are probably involved in Wikipedia edit wars -
politics and music-related :)
sounds exciting, really, it does...

i saw RSA got banned tho, thats pretty impressive

f***@gmail.com
2006-10-07 03:44:46 UTC
is there a noteworthy community?

paradive
np: ageatis byrjun - sigur ros
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Per
2006-10-07 23:30:37 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
is there a noteworthy community?
I am trying to find one that is not too spam-ridden. I post mainly
events on the communities in livejournal.

You can try the side line forum
http://www.side-line.com/forum/index.php
but it's not always what everyone is looking for.
Post by f***@gmail.com
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2006-10-07 23:56:00 UTC
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
[...]
I've got a radical idea:

WHY NOT POST HERE, WITH CD AND SHOW REVIEWS, AND TOPICAL CHAT?

You know, almost like a newsgroup.

(Someone shoulda thought of this years ago.)

((We could have trolls and fLames, even.))
Let there be throbbing.
Per
2006-10-12 05:52:53 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
is there a noteworthy community?
I am trying to find one that is not too spam-ridden. I post mainly
events on the communities in livejournal.
You can try the side line forum
http://www.side-line.com/forum/index.php but it's not always what
everyone is looking for.
WHY NOT POST HERE, WITH CD AND SHOW REVIEWS, AND TOPICAL CHAT?
You know, almost like a newsgroup.
(Someone shoulda thought of this years ago.)
((We could have trolls and fLames, even.))
I don't see why someone is really wanting to post and read online
forums, usenet has always been a lot easier to me.

Unfortunately today, a lot of people just do not know how get to usenet
or what usenet is.

Maybe when these people hungry for speedy downloads of mp3s discover
binary newsgroups, they can be trolled in here and elsewhere.
--
Per - navian*comcast*net
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2006-10-12 15:10:43 UTC
Post by Per
Post by mimus
Post by Per
Post by f***@gmail.com
is there a noteworthy community?
I am trying to find one that is not too spam-ridden. I post mainly
events on the communities in livejournal.
You can try the side line forum
http://www.side-line.com/forum/index.php but it's not always what
everyone is looking for.
WHY NOT POST HERE, WITH CD AND SHOW REVIEWS, AND TOPICAL CHAT?
You know, almost like a newsgroup.
(Someone shoulda thought of this years ago.)
((We could have trolls and fLames, even.))
I don't see why someone is really wanting to post and read online
forums, usenet has always been a lot easier to me.
Plus you have killfiles, muahahaha.
Post by Per
Unfortunately today, a lot of people just do not know how get to usenet
or what usenet is.
Well, hopefully Google Groups ropes some in, first there, and then taking
the giant leap of installing a self-installing newsreader . . . .
Post by Per
Maybe when these people hungry for speedy downloads of mp3s discover
binary newsgroups, they can be trolled in here and elsewhere.
As long as there's an alt.binaries.*, the sysadmins will insure that
Usenet lives . . . .

That hierarchy's, like, bait.
Let there be throbbing.
b***@gmail.com
2006-10-10 15:59:24 UTC
Hey Hey- im banned from #rmipeople

(N)

but nice to see ya;)
Nicolas Chevreux
2006-10-13 13:57:56 UTC
Hello,
Post by f***@gmail.com
and ad-noiseam seems to be
kicking ass.
Thank you, we try. :)

As far as RMI goes, it's as good as dead and has been like this for some
time. As a matter of fact, Usenet has lost a lot of its use and audience
to web forums.

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam