Front Line Aseembly "Future Fail" question
Ped Xing
2007-06-07 06:38:52 UTC
hey all, I recently picked up Artificial Soldier by Front Line Assembly
from iTunes. The song Future Fail seems riddled with pops/clicks that
sound like CD extraction errors to me. Can someone with a CD version of
that track confirm wether that's how it's supposed to sound? danke.
Darius
2007-06-15 18:50:41 UTC
Post by Ped Xing
hey all, I recently picked up Artificial Soldier by Front Line Assembly
from iTunes. The song Future Fail seems riddled with pops/clicks that
sound like CD extraction errors to me. Can someone with a CD version of
that track confirm wether that's how it's supposed to sound? danke.
it's mastering errors, and it's on every cd. Also track Humanity has
weird sort of click. I don't think it was intentional, only lousy
quality control.
Ped Xing
2007-06-19 16:56:28 UTC
Thanks for the info. That's a real shame; it makes the track unlistenable.
mimus
2007-06-19 18:16:35 UTC
Post by Ped Xing
Post by Darius
it's mastering errors, and it's on every cd. Also track Humanity has
weird sort of click. I don't think it was intentional, only lousy
quality control.
Thanks for the info. That's a real shame; it makes the track unlistenable.
Shows how valuable the publisher considers their and Leeb's reps, that
they went ahead and released a bad mastering or pressing.

Not that I don't remember some other CD foulups that got released in North
America anyway, the "bonus track" appended to another track on F242's
_Tyranny for You_ and the tracking weirdness on the original release of
SP's _Last Rights_.
Let there be throbbing.
Darius
2007-06-20 23:15:33 UTC
Post by Ped Xing
Post by Darius
it's mastering errors, and it's on every cd. Also track Humanity has
weird sort of click. I don't think it was intentional, only lousy
quality control.
Thanks for the info. That's a real shame; it makes the track unlistenable.
i wouldn't say it's that unlistenable, it's just a nuissance. By the
way, mastering itself is too loud, too compressed, no space left.
Compare this album to , say, Implode, and difference is almost tangible.
Real shame,as I love music on Artificial Soldier.
Slipface
2007-06-26 01:49:59 UTC
Post by Ped Xing
Post by Darius
it's mastering errors, and it's on every cd. Also track Humanity has
weird sort of click. I don't think it was intentional, only lousy
quality control.
Thanks for the info. That's a real shame; it makes the track unlistenable.
Strange. I DL'd a promo copy of the album from a.b.s.m.g-i and I can't
hear any problems with that track.

_d