Skinny Puppy : The Greater Wrong Of The Right
Zmaster
2004-04-16 16:54:00 UTC
I listen the album of skinny puppy,wow,fantastic !!
i love the last song of the album especially
Nathan Randell
2004-05-05 02:35:47 UTC
You Liar! The album isn't even out yet. Heh, heh. yeah I have it too, it's
pretty good.
Pete
2004-05-14 10:13:54 UTC
The Album is out now, but not alot of people have it on Kaaza...
Anyone have an ftp site?
I'm on a slow ass analoge phoneline in eastern europe.. :(
Francois Labreque
2004-05-14 10:46:43 UTC
Post by Pete
The Album is out now, but not alot of people have it on Kaaza...
Anyone have an ftp site?
I'm on a slow ass analoge phoneline in eastern europe.. :(
How about buying it in a store?
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
Sound Mirror
2004-05-15 08:11:11 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by Pete
The Album is out now, but not alot of people have it on Kaaza...
Anyone have an ftp site?
I'm on a slow ass analoge phoneline in eastern europe.. :(
How about buying it in a store?
from what i understand, the leaked version is the unmastered / non-final
version, and for those of us who collect music, that kinda stuff is always
nice to have. i wouldn't doubt if this guy wanted to download the album and
not buy it (which could very well NOT be the case). however, i downloaded
the leaked version about a month ago, but i'm waiting to buy the release of
the album, listen to it a few times, then go back and finally listen to the
versions I downloaded.. absolutely nothing wrong with that
mimus
2004-05-15 21:09:50 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
i downloaded
the leaked version about a month ago
Any better than _The Process_ (which I traded off)?

--
np: Mark 13/Kinetic (yeah, right)
np for real: HWF/Author of Pain

Sound Mirror
2004-05-16 09:12:30 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Sound Mirror
i downloaded
the leaked version about a month ago
Any better than _The Process_ (which I traded off)?
you didn't catch the rest of my post: "i downloaded the leaked version about
mimus
2004-05-17 21:59:57 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by mimus
Post by Sound Mirror
i downloaded
the leaked version about a month ago
Any better than _The Process_ (which I traded off)?
you didn't catch the rest of my post: "i downloaded the leaked version about
a month ago, but i'm waiting to buy the release of the album, listen to it a
few times, then go back and finally listen to the versions I downloaded"
Ah, yes, sorry . . . the usual rmi reading disfunction . . . .

Drew
2004-05-16 12:20:02 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Sound Mirror
i downloaded
the leaked version about a month ago
Any better than _The Process_ (which I traded off)?
Bought the CD yesterday without hearing it beforehand[1]. It's so
unbelievably fecal, its almost good. Alternates between (apparently
unashamed) top 20 rock, korn-style white rap, and (I wish I was
kidding) stadium techno. Token attempts at "experimentation" come
close to working in some places. IMNSHO, there's nothing as good as
'Frozen sky' on here. Amusing in that "watching dying salmon limply
flapping upstream while drinking mango wine coolers" kinda way. The
perfect soundtrack to the last, pathetic dregs of RMI, in fact.

Whoever sent that pack of smack to Dwayne might want to consider
springing for another couple.

Cheers,
Drew

[1] Didn't even know it was out yet, to be honest.
Blood 'n' Tongue
2004-05-16 20:26:57 UTC
Not likely since that guy committed suicide not too long after Dwayne's
O.D.
www.blood-n-tongue.net
www.themysterons.net
mimus
2004-05-17 21:58:51 UTC
Post by Drew
Post by mimus
Post by Sound Mirror
[...]
<ponder>

I take it that's a "No" vote . . . .

Suck.

(Music software looks better all the time.)

((Although I kicked back with over an hour of Mahler last night.))

Mullah Victor LeNettoyeur
2004-06-03 06:09:53 UTC
Post by Drew
Post by mimus
Any better than _The Process_ (which I traded off)?
Bought the CD yesterday without hearing it beforehand[1]. It's so
unbelievably fecal, its almost good. Alternates between (apparently
unashamed) top 20 rock, korn-style white rap, and (I wish I was
kidding) stadium techno. Token attempts at "experimentation" come
close to working in some places. IMNSHO, there's nothing as good as
'Frozen sky' on here. Amusing in that "watching dying salmon limply
flapping upstream while drinking mango wine coolers" kinda way. The
perfect soundtrack to the last, pathetic dregs of RMI, in fact.
Whoever sent that pack of smack to Dwayne might want to consider
springing for another couple.
I'm enjoying it now. It doesn't sound anything like anything they've done
before, that's for sure.

Parts of it recall the better acid-house techno of 10 years ago
(I'mmortal). Other parts sound like a poor imitation of Linkin Park (Pro-
test).

The one song on here that's surely a waste is Neuworld. How fuck'n
monotonous.
--
"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
-From Stanley Kubrick's _Doctor Strangelove_
Nano_laver
2004-06-07 16:19:28 UTC
I live in New Jersey, and I am having a really hard time finding it in
stores. Even those little mom & pop/indie type record stores aren't
carrying it.
IS the new Album on a Major Label, or some small indie label?
Somehow I feel I may end up either buying it off Amazon.com and
waiting weeks for it to come, or stealing a crappy version of the
album off WinMX or Kazaa.
monotonous.
Victor LeNettoyeur
2004-06-07 23:10:03 UTC
Post by Nano_laver
I live in New Jersey, and I am having a really hard time finding it in
stores. Even those little mom & pop/indie type record stores aren't
carrying it.
IS the new Album on a Major Label, or some small indie label?
It was released by these guys:

http://www.spv.de/

In the Seattle area I've seen it at Best Buy, Borders and Fred Meyer
(Fred Meyer is the K-Mart of the Pacific Northwest. lol) I got a copy at
Best Buy for 12.99 or thereabouts.
Post by Nano_laver
Somehow I feel I may end up either buying it off Amazon.com and
waiting weeks for it to come, or stealing a crappy version of the
album off WinMX or Kazaa.
I would actually recommend listening to it first if that's possible. It
really is a pretty radical departure from their other stuff.

We're living in an era when Metallica releases material that sounds like
Skinny Puppy, and Skinny Puppy suddenly reappears sounding like Cabaret
Voltaire. >8*)

Take Care,

Victor
monotonous.
Nano_laver
2004-06-08 18:30:20 UTC
I bought it hah! I found it at Best Buy last night, by accident not
even looking for it, go figure. Yea so far it is a different album for
them. I can't even say it's like The Process at all. That's how
different it is. But you know what, I think it's a pretty good album
so far.
It sort of reminds me of Ogre's Solo Project OhGr, you know that weird
electro sound stuff he did. But I think it's cool. It's an evolution
of Skinny Puppy, but it's still Skinny Puppy never the less. And you
know, I'm glad they went into this direction, rather than sticking to
a sound and format that has since been immitated, and exhausted by
bands like Nine Inch Nails, and Ministry.
I felt the same way about Metallica when they came out with St. Anger.
Alot of diehard Metallica fans are pissed off because Metallica
refuses to record songs like their later albums. But I liked St.
Anger, and I've been a fan since their Master of Puppet Days. Change
is good. Those who hate it, always remain the same, and I think that
gets rather stale and boring after a while.
But that's just me.

Here's a quote from a famous dead rockstar. "Selling out to me isn't
making money or having a comfortable lifestyle. I consider a sellout
someone who votes republican in hopes that one day, the republicans
will take care of them for the rest of their lives"...

Ciao!