U.S. Neubauten tour dates
Diane Benham
2004-01-27 03:01:10 UTC
a.. Washington DC, 9:30 Club, 4/23
b.. NYC, Irving Plaza, 4/24
c.. Boston, Paradise, 4/25
d.. Montreal, Club Soda, 4/27
e.. Toronto, Opera House, 4/28
f.. Chicago, Metro, 4/30
g.. Minneapolis, First Avenue, 5/1
h.. Vancouver, Commodore Ballroom, 5/4
i.. Seattle, Showbox, 5/5
j.. San Francisco, Fillmore, 5/7
k.. Los Angeles, El Rey Theater, 5/8
I'll be going to the shows in Chicago and Minneapolis, I think. Can anybody
tell me about those clubs (what type of neighborhood, what's the parking
situation, any GOOD hotels within walking distance, etc.)?

Thanks,
Diane
Diane Benham
Diane
Silicon Sorcerer
2004-01-27 06:04:13 UTC
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:01:10 -0600, "Diane Benham"
Post by Diane Benham
a.. Washington DC, 9:30 Club, 4/23
b.. NYC, Irving Plaza, 4/24
c.. Boston, Paradise, 4/25
d.. Montreal, Club Soda, 4/27
e.. Toronto, Opera House, 4/28
f.. Chicago, Metro, 4/30
g.. Minneapolis, First Avenue, 5/1
h.. Vancouver, Commodore Ballroom, 5/4
i.. Seattle, Showbox, 5/5
j.. San Francisco, Fillmore, 5/7
k.. Los Angeles, El Rey Theater, 5/8
I'll be going to the shows in Chicago and Minneapolis, I think. Can anybody
tell me about those clubs (what type of neighborhood, what's the parking
situation, any GOOD hotels within walking distance, etc.)?
First Avenue in Minneapolis is a decent club right downtown. I assume
they will be playing goth/industrial music in the smaller section of
the club after the concert, since thats what they do on saturdays. If
you don't mind walking 2 - 8 blocks you can find metered parking on
the street, which isn't enforced on the weekend. Other than that, you
may have to ramp it. The ramp by first ave on 7th st is $3 after 6pm.
As for hotels, I don't really know. The only one I've been to is
Hotel Amsterdam, which is conveniently located above a big gay bar,
and I only went there because of it's price and the close proximity to
said bar. I think it was $60 a night.
2004-01-27 11:14:05 UTC
Post by Silicon Sorcerer
First Avenue in Minneapolis is a decent club right downtown. I assume
they will be playing goth/industrial music in the smaller section of
the club after the concert, since thats what they do on saturdays.
First Avenue of "Purple Rain" fame? Industrial and goth on saturdays?
My, has the world changed...