New Prurient Cd and more...
Immaculate:Grotesque
2004-08-27 22:21:09 UTC
-OUT NOW-
Prurient "Fossil"
cd
Edition of 1000
$11 US / $13 World

Industrial? Harsh Noise? Power Electronics? Experimental? Genres mean
nothing when Prurient comes along to set the world on fire. This time
Dominick Fernow acts as the mad conducter who once again uses the
words of Jean Feraca and Rumi, while recieving assistance from Bryan
Gilroy, Ben Barnett, Jeff Plummer, Emily Salvatierra and Kris Lapki
to compose a orchestrated blitzkrieg of filth. All material was
recorded on February 14th, 2003 at the famous Candle Factory (RIP) in
Providence, RI. Over the following year those recordings were then
assembled into Fossil. A definitive release from Prurient, Fossil is
unique in every way and refuses to be ignored. Possibly one of the
most devastating recordings to filter out to an unsuspecting world in
along time. Turn up the volume and feel the passion of torment.

--------------------

-OUT NOW-
Epidemic
v/a
2x cassette
Edition of 100
$11 US / $13 World

Thirteen artists provide between 10-20 munutes of exclusive tracks
for this three hour epic double cassette compilation. Tracks range
from blasting unrelenting noise to chilling ambiance through fire
breathing power electronics and everything in between.

-side one-
Threshing Floor "Some Will Die Trying"
Horchata "Atta"
Inhalant "Without Flesh"

-side two-
Wilt "Death Bed Dillusions"
Oscillating Innards "Elephant Realism"
Bereft "The Lies of the Father"

-side three-
Fever Spoor "Balder's Dream"
Foutredieu!!! "Spreading the Cool Disease"
Bacillus "In The Eyes of Disease, All Men are Created Equal"
Bacillus "The Collapse of the Public Health Infrastructure"
Bacillus "Spread Throughout the Body and the Nation"
Bacillus "Ruthless, Unrelenting and Fatal"
Bacillus "Through our Failings, We are Exposed"
Nkondi "blackgomacough"

-side four-
Concrete Violin "Abuse, Not Torture"
Parrot "The Jungle (Part 1-5)"
Neuntoter der Plage "Black Tragic"
Neuntoter der Plage "Ridden With Disease"

---------------------

-Tours-

EMIL BEAULIEAU/CRANK STURGEON/PRURIENT TOUR

AUG 24 - ROCHESTER NY - BugJar, 219 Monroe Ave
AUG 25 - LAKEWOOD OH - Capsule, 13376 Madison Ave
AUG 26 - COLUMBUS OH - BLD, 400 E. 2nd STreet
AUG 27 - DETROIT MI - Behind The Green Door, 1551 Winder St #210
AUG 28 - DETROIT MI - Idle Kids, 3535 Cass Ave
AUG 29 - SOUTH BEND IN - Cackle, 414 W.Indiana Ave
AUG 30 - CHICAGO IL - Empty Bottle, 2348 W.Cortez Street
AUG 31 - MILWAUKEE WI - Crooked House, 2474 N.Fratney Street
SEPT 1 - MINNEAPOLIS MN - Bedlam, 514-1/2 Cedar Ave
SEPT 2 - FARGO ND - tba
SEPT 3 - BILLINGS MT - Grafix Art Studio, 504 N. 20th
SEPT 4 - MISSOULA MT - Area5, 732 S. 1st W.
SEPT 5 - SPOKANE WA - Detour, 175 S. Monroe Ave
SEPT 6 - SEATTLE WA - SS Marie Antoinette, 1235 Westlake Ave N
SEPT 7 - OLYMPIA WA - Midnight Sun, 113 Columbia St NW
SEPT 8 - PORTLAND OR - Embalming Room, 2921 NW Nicolai
SEPT 9 - PORTLAND OR - day off - YAY!!
SEPT 10 - TWIN FALLS ID - private performance, secret location
SEPT 11 - SALT LAKE CITY UT - private performance, secret location
SEPT 12 - DENVER CO - Monkey Mania, 2126 Arapahoe St
SEPT 13 - OMAHA NE - Orange Blossom Gallery, corner 16th and Harney
Street
SEPT 14 - COLUMBIA MO - Apop Records, 807 Locust
SEPT 15 - LEXINGTON KY - tba
SEPT 16 - PITTSBURGH PA - private performance, secret location
SEPT 17 - NEW PALTZ NY - Sixmohonk, 6 Mohonk Ave
SEPT 18 - BOSTON MA - tba
PCRV and PEDESTRIAN DEPOSIT will join us Sept 2-Sept 12
JESSICA RYLAN (CAN'T) will join us Sept 5-Sept 9
come to the show
buy our merch
get rowdy
have fun
its The True Sound Of Love

IMMACULATE:GROTESQUE/AS ALL DIE

September 1st - Providence, RI
September 2nd - Boston, MA @ The Chopping Block
with Dosage and Karlhienz
September 3rd - Suny Purchase Collage, NY
with Sickness
September 4th - Brooklyn, NY @ North Six
with Viodre and FFH
September 5th - Richmond, VA @ The Art Space
with Never Presence Forever
September 6th - Hampton, VA @ RatWard
September 7th - Chapel Hill, NC @ Night Light
September 8th - Atlanta, GA (venue tba)
with Marax
September 9th - Nashville, TN @ Clearwater
September 10th - St. Louis, MO @ Lemp Art Space
September 11th - Champaign-Urbana, IL tbc
September 12th - Milwaukee, WI (venue tba)
September 13th - Cincinatti, OH (venue tba)
September 14th - Detroit, MI tbc
September 15th - Cleveland, OH @ Pats in the Flats
with Murderous Vision and Lockweld
September 16th - off?
September 17th - Buffalo, NY @ Art House
with Destructive Screwdriver Critisism
September 18th - Hoboken, NJ (venue tba)

best,
Jeff
http://www.truculentrecordings.net
2004-08-30 10:10:00 UTC
Post by Immaculate:Grotesque
Industrial? Harsh Noise? Power Electronics? Experimental? Genres mean
nothing when Prurient comes along to set the world on fire.
Yeah. That's a really varied selection of genres, alright. It's almost
like fusing country with acid jazz, ambient and kletzmer.

I have to give props to Prurient though. My neighbours love his music.
Synthetick07
2004-08-30 22:02:28 UTC
Post by ...
Post by Immaculate:Grotesque
Industrial? Harsh Noise? Power Electronics? Experimental? Genres mean
nothing when Prurient comes along to set the world on fire.
Yeah. That's a really varied selection of genres, alright. It's almost
like fusing country with acid jazz, ambient and kletzmer.
I have to give props to Prurient though. My neighbours love his music.
genres aside, one thing is for sure - any prurient disc is a lot more
"industrial" then any of the other bands discussed here.
Synthetick07
2004-08-31 00:30:29 UTC
Post by ...
Post by Immaculate:Grotesque
Industrial? Harsh Noise? Power Electronics? Experimental? Genres mean
nothing when Prurient comes along to set the world on fire.
Yeah. That's a really varied selection of genres, alright. It's almost
like fusing country with acid jazz, ambient and kletzmer.
I have to give props to Prurient though. My neighbours love his music.
genres aside, any prurient disc is a lot more "industrial" then any of the
other bands discussed here. and if you follow any of the genres that the
original poster listed, you would know that 90% of the time projects operating
in those fields stick to, what are in my opinion, very rigid guidelines for
their sound. prurient consistantly treads new ground - an impressive feat
considering how raw the sounds he uses are.
2004-08-31 08:39:18 UTC
Post by Synthetick07
and if you follow any of the genres that the
original poster listed, you would know that 90% of the time projects operating
in those fields stick to, what are in my opinion, very rigid guidelines for
their sound.
Here we go again... "you would know"...

Actually I wouldn't. Most of the records I've bought by acts who could
be filed into any of those genres are enough "inventive" to make the
HUGE crossover leap from NOISE to POWER ELECTRONICS. To think how they
could come up with such an unthinkable idea!

Now is there anything else you would like to lecture me on about being
"more industrial" my friend? Or can we just talk more crap about
futurepop?