TG - a weekend of industrial madness
rooner in space
2003-07-29 22:10:09 UTC
I love Pontins. I go there every year.
make sure you don't book for that particular weekend, the place will
be knee deep in used tampons.
--
warning -- bbc7 is broadcast in 1960s style mono on dab
digital radio. if you want it in stereo buy freeview instead.
2003-07-29 22:51:32 UTC
and whacked of testicles.
Keef
2003-07-31 10:00:23 UTC
Post by e
Post by rooner in space
I love Pontins. I go there every year.
make sure you don't book for that particular weekend, the place will
be knee deep in used tampons.
and whacked of testicles.
And falling coke machines!!

I really want to go see this, but getting 3 other people to pay £125
each too is going to be a nightmare...

Anyone interested?
Kevin O'Gorman
2003-07-30 11:19:17 UTC
Chris Carter, Peter Christopherson, Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti
will briefly regroup to present RE~TG, a weekend of music, art, film and
performance culminating in an exclusive set by THROBBING GRISTLE.
Will GPO still have his tits in?

I'm sorry, I just wanted to be crude.

K.
-
Kevin O'Gorman - spideyATmaths.tcd.ie - http://stunbunny.org
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-30 17:09:30 UTC
Post by Kevin O'Gorman
Chris Carter, Peter Christopherson, Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti
will briefly regroup to present RE~TG, a weekend of music, art, film and
performance culminating in an exclusive set by THROBBING GRISTLE.
Will GPO still have his tits in?
Have you looked at the picture? He's now dressing as a middle aged woman who
wouldn't look out of place behind the bar in the Rover's Return.
Post by Kevin O'Gorman
I'm sorry, I just wanted to be crude.
Heh, the alt.punk.uk people got there before you.

Girl.
rooner in space
2003-07-30 23:51:11 UTC
Post by Kevin O'Gorman
I'm sorry, I just wanted to be crude.
Heh, the alt.punk.uk people got there before you.
Girl.
what picture? not that i want to see gpo's tits or anything. has fanny
still got hers, or are they down on the floor like barbara windsor's?
Locke
2003-07-30 14:01:23 UTC
Please let me quote Girl the Bourgeois Individualist...
|RE~TG
|
|MANY HAPPY RETURNS
|"A Celebration of Industrial Musics in the 21st Century"

Aside from the TG re-appearance, the line-up for this festival looks
incredible, like an industrialist's wet dream. Unfortunately I won't be
able to be there due to personal reasons. Too bad ...

CU,
Locke

NP: Einstürzende Neubauten "Haus der Lüge"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Shervin Fatehi
2003-07-31 03:39:19 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Girl the Bourgeois Individualist...
|RE~TG
|
|MANY HAPPY RETURNS
|"A Celebration of Industrial Musics in the 21st Century"
Aside from the TG re-appearance, the line-up for this festival looks
incredible, like an industrialist's wet dream. Unfortunately I won't be
able to be there due to personal reasons. Too bad ...
Yeah, I can't go because of exams. Dammit. :(

Shervin (GKL)
np: Skinny Puppy, Last Rights, "Love in Vein"
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-30 17:31:57 UTC
You lovely lovely man.
Shucks!

Girl.
m***@industrial.org
2003-07-30 17:49:16 UTC
For anyone who doesn't know the details already, next May sees the ultimate
industrial weekender.
I'm a little skeptical about this considering it's almost a year off and
the members of Throbbing Gristle are not exactly the most straight and
narrow types. I'd wait at least six months before getting your hopes up
that it will actually occur.

My gut reaction is that it will fall apart due to infighting or money well
before then.

One can still hope though.

That said, I think that the Costes tour this fall in the States will be
far more entertaining (assuming he can get across the border).

Cheers

--
|) __,,_____________ moron : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) < ___________/ EEEI news : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) deterrent industries : http://deterrent.net (|
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-30 19:43:25 UTC
Post by m***@industrial.org
For anyone who doesn't know the details already, next May sees the ultimate
industrial weekender.
I'm a little skeptical about this considering it's almost a year off and
the members of Throbbing Gristle are not exactly the most straight and
narrow types. I'd wait at least six months before getting your hopes up
that it will actually occur.
My gut reaction is that it will fall apart due to infighting or money well
before then.
Doubt it, this has been in the planning since "TG24" was released. They met up
at the launch and seemingly got on fairly well considering. There was nearly a
reunion at the Cotton Ferox (with whom Gen's been doing vocals) gig in
December, but it didn't happen (nobody's fault, none of them made it). Really,
this has been coming since the ban on Gen entering the country was lifted. As
for cash, definitely no problem there, Mute are supporting it and I'd say
there's more danger of it selling out than running out of cash. They're
planning more reissues in advance and, as Locke pointed out, the whole
line-up's to die for.

Girl.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-07-31 00:19:23 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
the ban on Gen entering the country was lifted
what did he do to get banned?
in the 80s, he was featured on a documentary about cults produced by
some conservative xian group, who claimed all sorts of shit like how he
tortured people in his basement (his house did not have a basement), and
they showed a bunch pf PTV footage from before coil formed blah blah blah

basically, bullshit.

that, and jhon balance and peter christopherson denied having anything
to do with GPO regarding the issue, and that kinda caused a rift to
form. also, christopherson's parents are connected to the queen, so he
could have been covered for anyway

i gleaned all this information from a project on GPO i did in high
school (i am a master of bullshit, but my research was not). i have the
interveiw that i cited on my hard drive, but i doubt it's on the web
anymore. it's also like, 2mb, and would be a bitch to repost here.
--
np: And One - Amerika Brennt

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

g4sm4sk: oh yes, according to the brb site,
you are going to be in the Electronic Music
Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-07-31 00:25:34 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
i gleaned all this information from a project on GPO i did in high
school (i am a master of bullshit, but my research was not). i have the
interveiw that i cited on my hard drive, but i doubt it's on the web
anymore. it's also like, 2mb, and would be a bitch to repost here.
nevermind, i tracked it down and posted it:

http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192/files/gen3.html
--
np: The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu - Don't Take Five

Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Drew
2003-07-31 11:10:59 UTC
***@industrial.org wrote in message news:<***@grapevine.islandnet.com>...

[snip]
Post by m***@industrial.org
That said, I think that the Costes tour this fall in the States will be
far more entertaining (assuming he can get across the border).
I saw these yahoos at an IRM show a couple of months ago. I've
honestly never seen an audience so scared of a group of performers. Of
course, if I ran around a venue naked, covered in vomit and piss,
screaming at the top of my lungs, people would try pretty hard to
avoid me as well. In any case, I would think that the guy in front of
me who got hit in the face with a wad of soggy, used toilet paper
enjoyed the show somewhat less than I did.

If anyone actually wants to see, there's pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/hagshadow1/costes.html

Cheers,
Drew
Bill Bennett
2003-08-01 21:06:19 UTC
For anyone who doesn't know the details already, next May sees the
ultimate
industrial weekender.
RE~TG
[snip]

I looked at the Subject of this post and misread it for "RI:SE" - (the
Channel 4 morning show that replaced the excellent "Big Breakfast"). I'm
very sorry. I'll go punish myself now.
--
Bargain shopping on http://www.daio.co.uk
See my blog on http://www.billben.net