Softsynth For Jesus!
2003-10-01 11:34:10 UTC
If you thought open source software was the way to go for the future
of digital recording you might want to pause for a moment after
reading the following to evaluate its apparent "freeness". Here's a
snippet from one open source software synth's online manual (opening
page):
_________________
[quote]

Introduction

ZynAddSubFX is a opensource software synthesizer capable of making a
countless number of instruments, from some common heared from
expensive hardware to interesting sounds that you'll boost to an
amazing universe of sounds. The project started in March 2002, and I
had written it because I wish to make a synthesizer that produces very
beautiful sounds, but which is freely available to anybody who needs
it.

Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance and
don't make others to lose it!

[/end quote]
___________________

Well, he really doesn't have to worry. In fact I'll refrain making my
terribly blasphemous music with ZynAddSybFX so willingly that I'll
instantly remove the whole thing from my hard drive - and furthermore
I will also encourage other people to do just the same as it
apparently also violates the GPL license it's being distributed under.
The thing is, I have to admit this synth is capable of producing some
of the best sounds we've heard on non-commercial software so far -
it's just too bad that the author has to be such a fundamentalist
jackass.
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-01 13:18:39 UTC
Post by ...
[...]
Uhh, how does the author stating what he prefers you do with his
software violate the GPL?

How does one piece of software represent all open source softsynths?

Since it is open source, why don't you alter the source code and make a
satanic/evil/freethought version?
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
2003-10-02 10:41:54 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
Uhh, how does the author stating what he prefers you do with his
software violate the GPL?
"Freeness" of free software doesn't refer to just "free of charge" -
it also grants unlimited usage of the program for whatever purpose the
end-user wishes to use it for. It's stated at the GNU General Public
License. Sure, the author just asks, doesn't directly demand but it
can be read the both ways (the included "please" word doesn't
automatically translate to a proposition). Say, if a moslem or a hindi
wants to use the program to create their own religious music it can be
viewed as "anti-christ". I'm not too concerned about death metal
maggots getting their share - I just don't find this kind of "free"
distribution acceptable. The freeness also translates to freeness of
ideology.
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
How does one piece of software represent all open source softsynths?
How does this question relate to anything?
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
Since it is open source, why don't you alter the source code and make a
satanic/evil/freethought version?
What a splendid idea!

But what's definitely the funniest bit, is the reference to New Age
music. Obviously the author has neither even heard of Christian Heavy
Metal or such.
mnemonic
2003-10-02 00:03:17 UTC
Post by ...
[...]
that's kinda cool. he doesn't demand that you don't use it for anti-God or
Christ themes, he just ASKS it. something to think about though...

abe m.
Keef
2003-10-02 08:31:46 UTC
Post by mnemonic
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
that's kinda cool. he doesn't demand that you don't use it for anti-God or
Christ themes, he just ASKS it. something to think about though...
How can you define instrumental music as being against jesus?

If you write instrumental noise tracks with titles like "pjwe" and
"fiue2hf" it's not anti or pro anything, it just is.
Marian Try Slaughter
2003-10-02 15:27:56 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by mnemonic
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
that's kinda cool. he doesn't demand that you don't use it for anti-God or
Christ themes, he just ASKS it. something to think about though...
How can you define instrumental music as being against jesus?
If you write instrumental noise tracks with titles like "pjwe" and
"fiue2hf" it's not anti or pro anything, it just is.
Well, you could download his synth, write those songs, and then see what
his reaction is...

--
"It's like that old saying: A conservative is a liberal who's been attacked
by aliens."
Simon - mhm27x5
Veni Vidi Exii
2003-10-02 21:00:55 UTC
Post by Keef
How can you define instrumental music as being against
jesus?
If you write instrumental noise tracks with titles like
"pjwe" and "fiue2hf" it's not anti or pro anything, it just
is.
Sounds like those guys who used to clutter up the Industrial
Nation letters column.
--
-Chris

np: Xii - Out Of Fashion Is In Style
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."
-Shakey Mo Collier

"For that much man-on-man power, you had to step over into the
German industrial theme, the most manly music of all time."
- Hans Bunschlapen, of Zeigenbock Kopf
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-10-02 22:13:17 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by mnemonic
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
that's kinda cool. he doesn't demand that you don't use it for anti-God or
Christ themes, he just ASKS it. something to think about though...
How can you define instrumental music as being against jesus?
Well, if there's a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord (a
baffled king composing Hallelujah), then perhaps there's notes that hurt
Jesus.

Girl.
Keef
What? Like Abm9#11?
What about just plain old Ebm?
Marian Try Slaughter
2003-10-03 15:29:59 UTC
Post by ...
Post by Keef
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Well, if there's a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord (a
baffled king composing Hallelujah), then perhaps there's notes that hurt
Jesus.
Girl.
What? Like Abm9#11?
What about just plain old Ebm?
"E flat minor is the most industrial of all keys"

Simon - mhm27x5
Crudbreeder
2003-10-03 18:00:22 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Well, if there's a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord (a
baffled king composing Hallelujah), then perhaps there's notes that hurt
Jesus.
Girl.
What? Like Abm9#11?
"mi contra fa Diabolus est in musica"

"Diabolus in Musica was a medieval term for the tritone (augmented
fourth or diminished fifth). It divides the octave into two equal parts
(in this case C and F#).

In the medieval system of church modes the tritone was the most
conspicuous as the interval between the final and the fourth degree of
the modes on F, the Lydian and Hypolydian.

The first mention of the word "tritonus" seems to be in the 9th or
10th century organum treatise "Musica Enchiriadis", though it was not
explicitly prohibited until the development of Guido of Arezzo's
hexachordal system. From then until the end of the Renaissance the
tritone, nicknamed Diabolus in Musica, was regarded as a dangerous
interval associated with evil and was banned by the chirch as being
thought to summon Satan.

Those found using the chord were routinely subjected to slow torturous
death by genital mutilation and the administering of such implements as
the skull crusher, the breast breaker and the wheel. Burnings at the
stake were also favoured."

From the Foetus - Bedrock 12"
--
Old, FForEign aNd Drunken Minister
all prosesor or only one"
neoclassical
2003-10-04 15:18:42 UTC
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance and
don't make others to lose it!
Another one for the genocide pile.

http://www.fuckchrist.com/
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-04 18:51:03 UTC
Post by neoclassical
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance and
don't make others to lose it!
Another one for the genocide pile.
http://www.fuckchrist.com/
you're the greatest humanitarian since hitler
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
mnemonic
2003-10-04 21:49:10 UTC
Post by neoclassical
Another one for the genocide pile.
http://www.fuckchrist.com/
agreed. hop on.

abe m.
Bryce (Work)
What's wrong with Christ?
Crudbreeder

all prosesor or only one"
Bryce (Work)
2003-10-07 19:30:10 UTC
Post by neoclassical
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only way
to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance and
don't make others to lose it!
Another one for the genocide pile.
http://www.fuckchrist.com/
What's wrong with Christ?
He's got the flu
Seriously..

I'm not what you'd call a fundamentalist or anything... I don't go to
church. I believe in God.

What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for the
most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt", etc.).
I'm curious.
Marian Try Slaughter
2003-10-07 20:37:56 UTC
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:30:10 -0400, "Bryce (Work)"
Post by Bryce (Work)
Seriously..
I'm not what you'd call a fundamentalist or anything... I don't go to
church. I believe in God.
What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for the
most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt", etc.).
I'm curious.
99% of that is simply immature reactionism. Seriously.

Simon - mhm27x5
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-08 00:09:42 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for the
most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt", etc.).
I'm curious.
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."

so aparently arrogant atheism is the new hotness
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Sound Mirror
2003-10-08 02:30:42 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for the
most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt", etc.).
I'm curious.
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
so aparently arrogant atheism is the new hotness
oh, so everyone who is atheist, or something similar, is doing it to be an
"individual", and not because it's what they truly believe?
man, you make really bad generalizations...
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-08 03:03:07 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for the
most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt", etc.).
I'm curious.
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
so aparently arrogant atheism is the new hotness
oh, so everyone who is atheist, or something similar, is doing it to be an
"individual", and not because it's what they truly believe?
man, you make really bad generalizations...
Yes, steve. That's exactly what I mean.

Kirkando.
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
paleophile
2003-10-09 07:05:26 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What is it about Jesus that Goths hate? (I say Goths, because for
the most part, its them that I see stuff like "Jesus was a Cunt",
etc.). I'm curious.
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
so aparently arrogant atheism is the new hotness
oh, so everyone who is atheist, or something similar, is doing it to
be an "individual", and not because it's what they truly believe?
Yes, if they are an athiest, it's probably because of a general hamhanded
striving towards individuality that made them choose the label of
"industrial" or "gothic" in the first place. It's not that they are an
individual because they are an athiest, but rather that they are an athiest
because they are an individual. It's a chicken/egg problem.

Also, don't confuse "athiesm" with "angry theism".

--
-paleophile (ask for e-mail)

"We don't do photo sessions any more. We had physical dummies,
replicas of ourselves made. They are plastic and more resistant to
photographs." --Ralf Hütter
Sound Mirror
2003-10-09 15:58:18 UTC
Post by paleophile
Post by Sound Mirror
oh, so everyone who is atheist, or something similar, is doing it to
be an "individual", and not because it's what they truly believe?
Yes, if they are an athiest, it's probably because of a general hamhanded
striving towards individuality that made them choose the label of
"industrial" or "gothic" in the first place. It's not that they are an
individual because they are an athiest, but rather that they are an athiest
because they are an individual. It's a chicken/egg problem.
hmm.. i was kinda atheist before i got into this music.. but now, i'm
agnostic.
Keef
2003-10-08 08:49:34 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
Whereas in the UK Atheism is the norm. Mind you, a lot of goths turn
to paganism as their new fashionable religion.

I', an atheist, or more accurately an agnostic. Why? Because that's
what I am.
Crudbreeder
2003-10-08 17:57:39 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
Whereas in the UK Atheism is the norm. Mind you, a lot of goths turn
to paganism as their new fashionable religion.
I', an atheist, or more accurately an agnostic. Why? Because that's
what I am.
Personally, I'm more of a whybotherist.

np: Haters - Drunk on decay
Marian Try Slaughter
2003-10-09 01:09:05 UTC
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:57:39 +0200, Crudbreeder
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by Keef
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
because part of being "industrial" and "gothic" is by being an
individualist, this is accomplished of course by doing and being the
exact opposite of whatever is the norm, even though it's not exactly
being an "individual."
Whereas in the UK Atheism is the norm. Mind you, a lot of goths turn
to paganism as their new fashionable religion.
I', an atheist, or more accurately an agnostic. Why? Because that's
what I am.
Personally, I'm more of a whybotherist.
Ooh, I hear you people have a very strict dogma.

np: NIN - broken

Simon - mhm27x5
Bauhaus
2003-10-07 23:04:13 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What's wrong with Christ?
To quote Al Pacino in 'The Devils Advocate':

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch.
He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man INSTINCTS! He gives you this
extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement,
his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the
goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste, don't
swallow. Ahaha! And when you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is
he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass! He's a
sadist! He's an absentee landlord. Worship THAT? NEVER!
Bryce (Work)
2003-10-08 15:51:20 UTC
Post by Bauhaus
Post by Bryce (Work)
What's wrong with Christ?
Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch.
He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man INSTINCTS! He gives you this
extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement,
his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the
goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste, don't
swallow. Ahaha! And when you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is
he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass! He's a
sadist! He's an absentee landlord. Worship THAT? NEVER!
But I didn't say God. I said Christ.

Its been a while since I was in Sunday School, but I seem to remember
Jesus was the son of God.

Whether you believe in God or not, whether you are christian or not, a
lot of the teachings of Christ are basically "Be good to each other".

I don't find that a bad lesson.
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-08 15:55:18 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
Post by Bauhaus
Post by Bryce (Work)
What's wrong with Christ?
[...]
Technicly Christ is God, if you believe in the Trinity. (God in three
persons)
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Crudbreeder
2003-10-08 17:55:57 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
But I didn't say God. I said Christ.
Its been a while since I was in Sunday School, but I seem to remember
Jesus was the son of God.
Whether you believe in God or not, whether you are christian or not, a
lot of the teachings of Christ are basically "Be good to each other".
I don't find that a bad lesson.
Technicly Christ is God, if you believe in the Trinity. (God in three
persons)
The Romans established that Christ actually is (a) god quite some years
ago.

np: Haters - Drunk on decay
all prosesor or only one"
Zoviet Squid
2003-10-09 00:51:22 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
But I didn't say God. I said Christ.
Its been a while since I was in Sunday School, but I seem to remember
Jesus was the son of God.
Whether you believe in God or not, whether you are christian or not, a
lot of the teachings of Christ are basically "Be good to each other".
I don't find that a bad lesson.
This is an industrial newsgroup. Unless you can turn this conversation into a
discussion which involves industrial music, such as the original intentions of
the 'movement' to cause people to think for themselves and not abide by a
status quo furthering methodocal dogma such as Christianity or knee-jerk
anti-Christianity, then stop.

As for the entire concept of 'neighbor love', there are many who find fault
with it (including me), but this isn't the place to discuss it.

--zs

np: O Paradis & Novy Svet--long italian album title

"shit...everything shits until it dies."--Bukowski
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-10-09 01:09:17 UTC
Post by Zoviet Squid
Post by Bryce (Work)
But I didn't say God. I said Christ.
Its been a while since I was in Sunday School, but I seem to remember
Jesus was the son of God.
Whether you believe in God or not, whether you are christian or not, a
lot of the teachings of Christ are basically "Be good to each other".
I don't find that a bad lesson.
This is an industrial newsgroup. Unless you can turn this conversation into a
discussion which involves industrial music, such as the original intentions of
the 'movement' to cause people to think for themselves and not abide by a
status quo furthering methodocal dogma such as Christianity or knee-jerk
anti-Christianity, then stop.
As for the entire concept of 'neighbor love', there are many who find fault
with it (including me), but this isn't the place to discuss it.
Thanks usenet god!

APB LOVEZ JESUS, MENTAL DESTRUCTION DOES TOO!!!!!!!!
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
2003-10-11 15:40:54 UTC
Post by Zoviet Squid
This is an industrial newsgroup. Unless you can turn this conversation into a
discussion which involves industrial music, such as the original intentions of
the 'movement' to cause people to think for themselves and not abide by a
status quo furthering methodocal dogma such as Christianity or knee-jerk
anti-Christianity, then stop.
As for the entire concept of 'neighbor love', there are many who find fault
with it (including me), but this isn't the place to discuss it.
or alt.flonk.flonk.christ.discussion?

--
lam.[e].ARRRRGH

"Not to mention the brilliantly titled "Untitled". It's like, whoa, it was
supposed to have a title, but then they gave it, like, an untitle. That's
deep."

_josh hammonds
rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
2003-10-11 15:38:36 UTC
Post by Bryce (Work)
What's wrong with Christ?
there's nothing wrong with christ, just as there's nothing wrong with ...
allah, or whatever his name is. there however IS something wrong with the
religious zealots who impose their hardcore beliefs unto everyone within
earshot.

_josh hammonds
Bryce (Work)

paleophile
2003-10-09 07:05:25 UTC
Post by neoclassical
Post by ...
Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and
Jesus Christ (eg. HeavyMetal, NewAge,..etc..). Think that the only
way to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance
and don't make others to lose it!
Another one for the genocide pile.
http://www.fuckchrist.com/
"NOBODY fucks with the Jesus"