downtempo recomendations?
GyRo
2004-11-23 20:01:16 UTC
ssia
________________________________
\_/_/___________________________
/ \/ ( ) _____________________
\| | I \ (_)

1) DON'T LET PEOPLE'S IGNORANCE KEEP YOU FROM HEARING GOOD MUSIC
&
2) EAT GyRo's
Armitage-VI
2004-11-23 22:42:08 UTC
One of my favorite downtempo CD's in recent time's is LoLo "Bad Idea"

Beautiful low tempo laid back, haunting music, The best thing
since Portishead,

lolo. the new digital chanteusse. seductive. melodic. haunting.
down-tempo. trip-hop.

all vocals and lyrics by lo, all music by john bergin, dedric more,
delaney moore, and patrick mcbride.

lolo bad idea is the third release from bergin's own grinder label,
the newest imprint to the ever-expanding label collective, underground
inc. underground, inc was founded by martin atkins. grinder joins the
ranks of invisible records, sleazebox records, divanation, tonezone
records, deezal and many, many others - working together to tear
things apart...

Try and buy it off of ebay so you don't let Martin put more money
in his pocket....

Peace,
David F
NP: I,Parisite "Something Terrible"
Entropy- www.thelastwebsiteonearth.com
ReVulse
2004-11-23 22:53:32 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
One of my favorite downtempo CD's in recent time's is LoLo "Bad Idea"
Beautiful low tempo laid back, haunting music, The best thing
since Portishead,
lolo. the new digital chanteusse. seductive. melodic. haunting.
down-tempo. trip-hop.
all vocals and lyrics by lo, all music by john bergin, dedric more,
delaney moore, and patrick mcbride.
Talking about John Bergin, I really liked the C17H19NO3 albums and "The Third Is Not Given"
by Tertium Non Data. However, I really don't like the TND album "Hers
Is Blood" because, it just sounds like a lame version of Portishead. Maybe
it will grow on me one day.

So how does "Bad Idea" by Lolo compare to "Hers Is Blood" by TND ?

#Andy#
Dub_Ninja
2005-01-20 19:04:05 UTC
My Top 5 {at the moment}

Rendezvous Lounge - Real smooth jazzy vibes on this compilation from
Rendezvousmusic.com
Aya - Strange Flower - Voice her angelic voice and funky beats from
Jay Denes this is a must have

The Classics
Thievery Corporation's Mirror Conspiracy & Richest Man in Babylon

and also from the ESL Label,

Federico Aubele : Infectious Latin Dub

Check out the continuous downtempo, dub & world grooves at
Subsonictemple.com
~*~*~ CD Quality Audio Stream 24/7 ~*~*~*~
http//:www.subsonictemple.com"

Soterro
2004-11-24 09:22:58 UTC
How about Recoil? (Liquid, for instance)

np: th26 - gum!
rivetmike
2004-11-24 10:19:49 UTC
***@aol.comGyRo (GyRo) wrote in message

What about Bola or most of the Skam label?

Rivetmike