magwheels introduction
treatkor
2004-01-26 17:47:14 UTC
hello,
my project is called 'magwheels' it is dark ambient/noise created with
processed guitars, field recordings, and noise.

from reviews:
--- "post-apocalyptic ambient noise with a warm emotional glow...", "A
mix of cinematic beauty and decay is the easiest way to describe the
music of Magwheels.
A world where post-rock guitars meet noise drones head on."
-wetworksezine.com

--- "Slow drones diving in a mist of noises and bleak, scarce and
melancholic guitars form the core...", "combination of noise and
emotional atmospheres. Long, encompassing and hypnotic, saturated
soundscapes fill the air in a calm but rich way. Rich in low
frequencies and small grinding details...", "Far from any kitsch or
gothic 'darkness', Magwheels sounds like a bastard child of Godspeed
You Black Emperor and Swans, left alone to starve and reduced to a
definitely lo-fi and destructured music." - recycleyourears.com

---"When not pursuing pink "Hello Kitty" hues, huge lumbering delay
lines stumble into tar pits of distortion until the entire vibrating
mass is hauled down into the dark and screaming murk. The amount of
feedback used in the reverb algorithms is such that this should be a
constant V/Vm digital clip fest but however this was ultimately
achieved the result is warm and thick enough (production-wise) to be
poured over ice cream. The lighter sections are almost childish with
their blissful enthusiasm, upwards little plinking riffs which sound
more toy piano than six string and which almost embarrass the listener
they are so rosy cheeked. As hope fades however the incoming storm
front threatens to atomize any boundaries between form and movement, a
solid wall of ash, blinding light and violently gnashing torrents." -
industrial.org

magwheels has been compared to: GSYBE!, Lustmord, LS-TTL, LAW,
CONSCENTIA PECCATI, WILT, Popol Vuh, LABRADFORD, ah cama-sotz and
early hybryds, ah cama-sotz meets ultra milkmaids, early ultra
milkmaids, early ambre, inade, llips, and phlegm, Swedish CMI act
LEAK, Dream Into Dust and, at some places, In Slaughter Natives,
Skullflower

i've added a "store" section to http://www.treatkor.com so i can offer
some magwheels releases that are currently out of print or are hard to
get in the US.

3 items are currently available:

---selected songs (2001-2003)---
a collection of 18 songs by magwheels:
4 unreleased tracks,
3 tracks from compilations,
8 of my favorite tracks from limited releases ('treatkor' &
'lanterns')
+ more...

---treatkor---
first album by magwheels
self-released edition of 'treatkor' which was originally released by
Sacred Sound (usa).
read some reviews and hear some full track samples at treatkor.com

---lanterns---
second album by magwheels,
self-released edition of 'lanterns', originally released (and still
available from) on Mechanoise Labs (france).

reviews and full length MP3 samples are available at
http://www.treatkor.com

thanks,
david
http://www.treatkor.com
Keef
2004-01-27 00:26:57 UTC
Don't you have stuff out on Adnoiseam as well?
------------------------------
www.sharpsinjury.net
to email me remove the "-"
treatkor
2004-01-28 05:39:20 UTC
hi keef,
yes, i have two albums on Ad Noiseam. here's a list of my releases:
'title' - format - label

'treatkor' - cdr - sacred sound (usa)
'lanterns' - cdr - mechanoise labs (france)
'evebuildingbomb' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)
'pane' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)

and coming up:
'lovedestroylove' - cd - ad noiseam (germany)
'the dim march'(working title) - 3" cd - stridulum (italy)

btw - the 'kath wells for sale' mp3 on your site is really nice.
Keef
2004-01-28 14:02:27 UTC
Post by treatkor
hi keef,
'title' - format - label
'treatkor' - cdr - sacred sound (usa)
'lanterns' - cdr - mechanoise labs (france)
'evebuildingbomb' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)
'pane' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)
'lovedestroylove' - cd - ad noiseam (germany)
'the dim march'(working title) - 3" cd - stridulum (italy)
btw - the 'kath wells for sale' mp3 on your site is really nice.
Thanks! Well I should be joining you as someone who's been on the
mechanoise labs roster in a few months as soon as the Sharps Injury EP
is finished, and theres going to be a Keef Baker album (that's the
kind of more IDM/Breakcore stuff) out on n5md.

Just got to finish it all now!!

Yeah I've heard evebuildingbomb and it is an excellent album for
putting on while relaxing. I recommend it! I'll have to check out your
other stuff.
nicolas chevreux
2004-01-28 16:50:10 UTC
Post by treatkor
'evebuildingbomb' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)
mp3 and info:
http://www.adnoiseam.net/label/catalog/17
Post by treatkor
'pane' -cd - ad noiseam (germany)