Let Me Get This Straight
mimus
2006-12-06 02:43:39 UTC
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Let there be throbbing.
Francois Labreque
2006-12-10 04:04:50 UTC
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Yep. It's called "Oh Shit! I gotta pay the rent!"

np: Venetian Snares - Rossz csilag alatt szuletett
--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
flabreque | button on a cat who wants breakfast.
videotron.ca
mimus
2006-12-10 20:41:59 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Yep. It's called "Oh Shit! I gotta pay the rent!"
I actually tried to look the dam' thing up, to buy it.

Wouldn't an album bring in more than a tour? maybe they just wanted to
skip town for awhile.
Let there be throbbing.
Girl <last name>
2006-12-10 22:34:45 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Yep. It's called "Oh Shit! I gotta pay the rent!"
Rubbish, they were persuaded to reform, presumably by Mute, because of the
huge resurgence of interest. Whatever about Doug - who's been doing
relatively underground stuff like Fixmer/McCarthy - Bon's loaded (working
with million-sellers like Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins is fairly
rewarding). And they were absolutely brilliant when they played London.

Girl.
Francois Labreque
2006-12-12 11:56:14 UTC
Post by Girl <last name>
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Yep. It's called "Oh Shit! I gotta pay the rent!"
Rubbish, they were persuaded to reform, presumably by Mute, because of the
huge resurgence of interest.
According to their web site, they were only supposed to do a couple of
outdoors shows, just for old time's sake (Like the Skuppy reunion at the
Doom's day festival)), but then they got bitten by the show bug and
decided to do a world tour to places they'd never been before... Right.
Post by Girl <last name>
Whatever about Doug - who's been doing
relatively underground stuff like Fixmer/McCarthy - Bon's loaded (working
with million-sellers like Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins is fairly
rewarding). And they were absolutely brilliant when they played London.
What does that have to do with anything? They've always been good on stage.
videotron.ca
Girl <last name>
2006-12-13 01:05:04 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by Girl <last name>
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Yep. It's called "Oh Shit! I gotta pay the rent!"
Rubbish, they were persuaded to reform, presumably by Mute, because of
the huge resurgence of interest.
According to their web site, they were only supposed to do a couple of
outdoors shows, just for old time's sake (Like the Skuppy reunion at the
Doom's day festival)), but then they got bitten by the show bug and
decided to do a world tour to places they'd never been before... Right.
Yeah, it's easier to disbelieve their story - especially when there had been
rumours and calls for the reformation for years before it actually happened
that they vehemently denied. It's very obvious that the reformation was in
response to demand, not for the money. Let me reiterate - Bon is loaded and
doesn't need the money.
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by Girl <last name>
Whatever about Doug - who's been doing relatively underground stuff like
Fixmer/McCarthy - Bon's loaded (working
with million-sellers like Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins is fairly
rewarding). And they were absolutely brilliant when they played London.
What does that have to do with anything? They've always been good on stage.
Normally the reason to bitch about bands reforming is that they're obviously
only doing it for the money. Not only were they great onstage and clearly
enjoying it - they played Slimelight the night before to a tiny crowd. Not
the kinda thing bands do for the money.

Girl.

Girl <last name>
2006-12-10 22:31:51 UTC
Post by mimus
Nitzer Ebb went on tour for the first time in ten or fifteen years this
year, without a new album?
Why would they put out a new album? The tour came about because of the huge
interest in their long-delayed best of -
http://www.discogs.com/release/818828 and the success of the remixes over
the last few years (culminating in a whole album of remixes -
http://www.discogs.com/release/737404). They're talking about recording new
material.

Girl.