EBM mix CDs?
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-09 06:22:02 UTC
I'm looking for EBM mix CDs. DJ mixed... not just compilations. I love
mix CDs of Progressive House, Drum and Bass, etc., and would really love
to hear this stuff mixed properly.

So if you know of any I could find, please let me know.
--
Albino Leviathan
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
http://members.cox.net/albinoleviathan
Girl <last name>
2006-07-15 14:07:02 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
I'm looking for EBM mix CDs. DJ mixed... not just compilations. I love
mix CDs of Progressive House, Drum and Bass, etc., and would really love
to hear this stuff mixed properly.
So if you know of any I could find, please let me know.
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
Paris http://www.discogs.com/release/574718. There's also a couple available
to dl from Adam X's site - http://www.djadamx.com/ or you could check the
Discogs mix forum, EBM mixes crop up from time to time
(http://www.discogs.com/forums/board?forum_id=8).

Girl.
Andreas Wohlfeld
2006-07-15 15:48:08 UTC
Post by Girl <last name>
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
I wish local DJs would also be able to mix. Why is that so?
Every techno DJ can mix, but no EBM/elektro DJ does.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.
Wayner
2006-07-15 16:41:48 UTC
"Andreas Wohlfeld" <wrote>
Post by Andreas Wohlfeld
Every techno DJ can mix, but no EBM/elektro DJ does.
-Techno/Trance is friendly to mixing due to long intros and builds it
seems.Sure some EBM tracks and Industrial tracks could be mixed by
pitch/blend and sampling ( example;dancier This Morn Omina material) where a
4:44 length track really starts kicking in at 1 min 23 seconds.
I have known Techno/Trance DJs to mix EBM into thier sets,and thier fingers
are very adapt at the Mixer slide switches and had good ear for looped
samples of tracks.A thumpin Goa Trance set in Canada 2 years ago the DJ
mixed in Cubanate and Covenant with the crowded dancefloor not missing a
beat or clearing out.
I find less Techno/Trance clubbers less likely to head out to clubs with
lists of requested songs they want to hear as opposed to EBM/Industrial
types who somewhat expect the same tracks or similar that they heard at same
club the previous 3 visits.Hearing your favorite song mixed into a active
mixed set may through you off,you have to stub out your clove cigarette,find
safe place for your drink ( or chug it quick) and then make it to the
dancefloor before the DJ transitions the mix into another song
R.I.P- R.M.I
WKR
mimus
2006-07-16 01:05:54 UTC
Post by Wayner
R.I.P- R.M.I
rmi is not dead but only sleeping.
Let there be throbbing.
Wayner
2006-07-20 04:10:05 UTC
in colon of myspace
Todd Clayton
2006-07-20 13:47:41 UTC
Post by Wayner
"mimus" wrote in message >
Post by mimus
Post by Wayner
R.I.P- R.M.I
rmi is not dead but only sleeping.
in colon of myspace
Worse. In the colon that is side line forums.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung." -- Voltaire
mimus
2006-07-20 14:32:25 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Wayner
"mimus" wrote in message >
Post by mimus
Post by Wayner
R.I.P- R.M.I
rmi is not dead but only sleeping.
in colon of myspace
Worse. In the colon that is side line forums.
Why don't (doesn't? seems grammatically correct but sounds wrong) one of
you losers give us a review of the new Laether Strip stuff?

I'll chip in a Din Fiv review shortly (been meaning to get around to it
for weeks), not to mention a multi-album perspective on Android Lust
("Would you date this woman?").
Let there be throbbing.
Francois Labreque
2006-07-20 22:51:04 UTC
Post by mimus
Why don't (doesn't? seems grammatically correct but sounds wrong) one of
you losers give us a review of the new Laether Strip stuff?
Maybe if you asked a bit more politely...

There's probably only a handful of people that still read this newsgroup
on a regular basis (a small fraction of which who will still remember
who Laetherstrip was), calling them names is probably not the smartest
way to get one of them to take the time to write a review.
--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
flabreque | button on a cat who wants breakfast.
videotron.ca
mimus
2006-07-21 01:28:49 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Why don't (doesn't? seems grammatically correct but sounds wrong) one of
you losers give us a review of the new Laether Strip stuff?
Maybe if you asked a bit more politely...
There's probably only a handful of people that still read this newsgroup
on a regular basis (a small fraction of which who will still remember
who Laetherstrip was), calling them names is probably not the smartest
way to get one of them to take the time to write a review.
I do believe I asked most prettily earlier. So chalk it up to
frustration ("Do I have to do everything _myself_?").
Let there be throbbing.
Wayner
2006-07-21 02:01:29 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Wayner
"mimus" wrote in message >
Post by mimus
Post by Wayner
R.I.P- R.M.I
rmi is not dead but only sleeping.
in colon of myspace
Worse. In the colon that is side line forums.
Why don't (doesn't? seems grammatically correct but sounds wrong) one of
you losers give us a review of the new Laether Strip stuff?
I'll chip in a Din Fiv review shortly (been meaning to get around to it
for weeks), not to mention a multi-album perspective on Android Lust
("Would you date this woman?").
Better yet,you give us the latest Leaether Strip review and I will complain
and gripe that Claus Larsen has lost his edge on aggro EBM.As for Shikhee of
A.L, she is a sweetie.
We actually got a show out of them here in loggercamp heavan Albany,NY back
in 95/96.They are playing in 10 days at Black Sun Festival in New
Haven,CT.Should be a fun show.
Is Din Fiv back together and still active side project of David Dins?
mimus
2006-07-21 02:15:50 UTC
Post by Wayner
Post by mimus
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Wayner
"mimus" wrote in message >
Post by mimus
Post by Wayner
R.I.P- R.M.I
rmi is not dead but only sleeping.
in colon of myspace
Worse. In the colon that is side line forums.
Why don't (doesn't? seems grammatically correct but sounds wrong) one of
you losers give us a review of the new Laether Strip stuff?
I'll chip in a Din Fiv review shortly (been meaning to get around to it
for weeks), not to mention a multi-album perspective on Android Lust
("Would you date this woman?").
Better yet,you give us the latest Leaether Strip review and I will complain
and gripe that Claus Larsen has lost his edge on aggro EBM.
He hasn't got all slow 'n' whiny like NIN did, I hope.

_Rebirth of Agony_ was more than enough NIN-style stuff, although I am by
no means putting the album down, and I suspect it's my favorite by him
(_Underneath the Laughter_ has always driven me kinda crazy because it's
almost like there's two different albums intermingled on it and it's hard
to put together a long block of either style).
Post by Wayner
As for Shikhee of
A.L, she is a sweetie.
I guess she lets it all out in her music.
Post by Wayner
We actually got a show out of them here in loggercamp heavan Albany,NY
back in 95/96.They are playing in 10 days at Black Sun Festival in New
Haven,CT.Should be a fun show.
You people that live in cultured places suck. I live about two-thirds of
the way up the Ohio, and we rarely see anyone decent anywhere close. Of
course, playing a small dance-club catering to Marshall University
students is about all that's available by way of venue. Although
sometimes we catch someone mid-week as the group swings from one major
weekend venue to another where we're in the middle.
Post by Wayner
Is Din Fiv back together and still active side project of David Dins?
Hm? I was referring to his second Din Fiv album, _Infinity_, nothing
super-recent.

Is that what his name decodes to be? ;^)~
Let there be throbbing.
Dachar
2006-07-22 12:41:52 UTC
Walking on Volcanos -
http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/L/LE%C6THERSTRIP-WalkingonVolcanos.htm

and...Claus' once powerful side project, Klute
Hit N Run - http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/K/KLUTE-HitNRun.htm
and Sinner - http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/K/KLUTE1.htm

Must have been the 'losers' part that really made me post this

Dachar
INDUSTRIAL BIBLE
www.industrial-bible.com
Let there be throbbing.
mimus
2006-07-22 23:08:38 UTC
Post by Dachar
Walking on Volcanos -
http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/L/LE%C6THERSTRIP-WalkingonVolcanos.htm
and...Claus' once powerful side project, Klute
Hit N Run - http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/K/KLUTE-HitNRun.htm
and Sinner - http://industrial-bible.com/IB/Reviews/K/KLUTE1.htm
Must have been the 'losers' part that really made me post this
Dachar
INDUSTRIAL BIBLE
www.industrial-bible.com
How to Make Friends and Influence People!

So, what's an MCD? and Klute uses guitars? or just sequenced guitar
samples?

I personally like _Rebirth of Agony_ best, I believe; I recently posted
the block off it that I think is just primo primo.

Thank you for the reviews, sir.
Let there be throbbing.
Wayner
2006-07-23 02:47:32 UTC
Post by mimus
So, what's an MCD?
Maxi CD,between a single and LP ( Long Player)
Might be considered the same as a Maxi EP in some areas.
it may be a combinations of different versions of mixes of a track and 1 or
more other rare or b side tracks.
mimus
2006-07-23 19:04:58 UTC
Post by Wayner
Post by mimus
So, what's an MCD?
Maxi CD,between a single and LP ( Long Player)
Might be considered the same as a Maxi EP in some areas.
it may be a combinations of different versions of mixes of a track and 1 or
more other rare or b side tracks.
Ah. I just lump all those together as "EPs".

Which I have decidely mixed feelings about: There have certainly been
some alternate mixes or remixes of songs that I have heard that I have
liked better than the presumably original mix (eg one of the Hansen
brothers'-- I guess-- from Oneiroid Psychosis' "A Thousand Thoughts" remix
of Android Lust's "Heathen"), but on the other hand buying a CD of remixes
gets me a lot less bang for the buck, in terms of original music.

Of course, such releases are often cheaper than what might be called
"full" releases.
Let there be throbbing.
Wayner
2006-07-24 01:37:56 UTC
Post by mimus
Ah. I just lump all those together as "EPs".
to each thier own I guess..
Post by mimus
Which I have decidely mixed feelings about: There have certainly been
some alternate mixes or remixes of songs that I have heard that I have
liked better than the presumably original mix (eg one of the Hansen
brothers'-- I guess-- from Oneiroid Psychosis' "A Thousand Thoughts" remix
of Android Lust's "Heathen"), but on the other hand buying a CD of remixes
gets me a lot less bang for the buck, in terms of original music.
most EPCD,MCD or Maxis I ran across are usually worth the lower price.$10
for a single with 3 remixes of the same song usually leave me feeling
robbed.
Post by mimus
Of course, such releases are often cheaper than what might be called
"full" releases.
and they are easier to get released than LPs,sometimes set up a "tasters" of
an upcoming LP
Post by mimus
Let there be throbbing.
throb on!
WKR
mimus
2006-07-24 17:46:14 UTC
Post by Wayner
Post by mimus
Ah. I just lump all those together as "EPs".
to each thier own I guess..
Well, that's what they were called when they first started showing up on
wax.

I admit it's indiscriminate, like the use of the word "industrial" as an
umbrella term for so many genres.
Post by mimus
Of course, such releases are often cheaper than what might be called
"full" releases.
and they are easier to get released than LPs,sometimes set up a "tasters" of
an upcoming LP
Post by mimus
Let there be throbbing.
throb on!
You can't tell it from rmi.
Let there be throbbing anyway, dammit.
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-18 04:41:44 UTC
"Andreas Wohlfeld" <wrote>
Post by Andreas Wohlfeld
[...]
I'm SURE this music could be mixed properly. I only have two Tech 12s.
I don't want to shell out over $2000 for a pair of Pioneer CDJs to prove
this though. :)
Girl <last name>
2006-07-16 01:35:23 UTC
Post by Andreas Wohlfeld
Post by Girl <last name>
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
I wish local DJs would also be able to mix. Why is that so?
Every techno DJ can mix, but no EBM/elektro DJ does.
It's the nature of the scene. Back towards the end of the 80s, proper DJs
that played EBM pretty much morphed into New Beat and then all varieties of
dance DJs. The scene into the 90s became fairly DJ unfriendly, if you look
at the products - CDs replacing vinyl, fewer singles and remixes - the whole
NIN/Ministry scene dragging EBM towards rock and away from dance music. The
DJ culture went one way and EBM went another. It's only this decade that
they've moved back together again - futurepop on the EBM side and
electroclash on the dance side blurred the boundaries and EBM interested DJs
like Hell, Terence Fixmer, Black Strobe emerged, as well as EBM-based dance
acts like Fixmer (again), David Carretta, etc.

Girl.
Per
2006-07-16 09:13:08 UTC
Post by Andreas Wohlfeld
Post by Girl <last name>
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
I wish local DJs would also be able to mix. Why is that so?
Every techno DJ can mix, but no EBM/elektro DJ does.
Some stuff is more electroclashy in the mixes below, but I am working on
a new one with just ebmish stuff in a few days once i get less busy. I
am also going to try to remember to bring the CD burner to the next DJ
gig (this Friday as well, http://www.industrial-club.com ) to record
part of my set for once.

http://www.replicated.org/DJ_Per_2004_Dec_4_industrial-club.com.mp3
http://www.replicated.org/dj_per_03_2004.mp3
http://www.industrial-club.com/dj_per_january_2003.mp3
--
Per - navian*comcast*net
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-17 02:50:00 UTC
Post by Girl <last name>
Post by Albino Leviathan
I'm looking for EBM mix CDs. DJ mixed... not just compilations. I love
mix CDs of Progressive House, Drum and Bass, etc., and would really love
to hear this stuff mixed properly.
So if you know of any I could find, please let me know.
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
Paris http://www.discogs.com/release/574718. There's also a couple available
to dl from Adam X's site - http://www.djadamx.com/ or you could check the
Discogs mix forum, EBM mixes crop up from time to time
(http://www.discogs.com/forums/board?forum_id=8).
Girl.
Thank you. I'm downloading a couple Adam X mixes right now.
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-18 04:45:30 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
Post by Girl <last name>
Post by Albino Leviathan
I'm looking for EBM mix CDs. DJ mixed... not just compilations. I love
mix CDs of Progressive House, Drum and Bass, etc., and would really love
to hear this stuff mixed properly.
So if you know of any I could find, please let me know.
DJ Hell's Electronicbody-Housemusic might be a good place to start
http://www.discogs.com/release/63287 or Black Strobe's The Other Side Of
Paris http://www.discogs.com/release/574718. There's also a couple available
to dl from Adam X's site - http://www.djadamx.com/ or you could check the
Discogs mix forum, EBM mixes crop up from time to time
(http://www.discogs.com/forums/board?forum_id=8).
Girl.
Thank you. I'm downloading a couple Adam X mixes right now.
Well, this wasn't what I was looking for. It's alright. The mixing is
kinda choppy and it's not the type of music I'm talking about. I liked
it the first time I heard it and not so much the second time.

Surely there is someone out there who can mix the Metropolis or Alfa
Matrix type stuff:

Combichrist, God Module, Suicide Commando, certain Mentallo songs, Flesh
Field, SITD, Heimataerde, Leaether Strip, etc.

Please oh please.
Girl <last name>
2006-07-19 00:07:23 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
Post by Albino Leviathan
Thank you. I'm downloading a couple Adam X mixes right now.
Well, this wasn't what I was looking for. It's alright. The mixing is
kinda choppy and it's not the type of music I'm talking about. I liked
it the first time I heard it and not so much the second time.
Surely there is someone out there who can mix the Metropolis or Alfa
Combichrist, God Module, Suicide Commando, certain Mentallo songs, Flesh
Field, SITD, Heimataerde, Leaether Strip, etc.
Please oh please.
That I'm not aware of, the dance remix type people have rediscovered old
school EBM, but aren't really touching the new stuff. The discogs mix forum
I also linked is probably the best place to try, all kinds of stuff gets
posted there. Can you access this page -
http://www.discogs.com/forums/topic?topic_id=102801?

D.
dj_evol_eno
2006-07-19 17:59:06 UTC
You might want to look around for some DJ HELLRAVER mixes. I know he
has a couple cds floating around out there. I got them from the
Terrorfakt.com website way back when they were done back in '02 or '03
(I think) and they use similar artists to the ones you have listed
below. I'd stay away from the DJ Coppertop mixes personally. I got the
first one (I think there are two now) and it sounds like a computer
program was used to speed up or slow down each track during the last
:10 to :12 seconds so that it would fit the BPM of the track to
follow...not at all what I would want to hear on a dancefloor myself.
And the selection isn't great either...though coppertop does touch on
some of the artists I think you are looking for as well.
Post by Albino Leviathan
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-20 03:42:57 UTC
Post by dj_evol_eno
I'd stay away from the DJ Coppertop mixes personally. I got the
first one (I think there are two now) and it sounds like a computer
program was used to speed up or slow down each track during the last
:10 to :12 seconds so that it would fit the BPM of the track to
follow...not at all what I would want to hear on a dancefloor myself.
And the selection isn't great either...though coppertop does touch on
some of the artists I think you are looking for as well.
I think this latest Copper Top CD is better. At least, the reviewer
from Virus magazine liked it. Sounds like it is seamlessly meshed
together, unlike what you are describing.

http://www.virus-mag.com/index.php?sn=fc0e9ff08a9388d5d9687b6371d50690&a=
1518

So I'll remain optimistic until I actually hear it. :)

I don't recognize much from the track list, but that is a good thing.
I'll hear some new artists.

1. Iris: Wait, Move On (Delobbo mix)
2. Tristraum: First Embrace (Ameri Club mix)
3. Rupesh Cartel: Contract (Breach mix)
4. Negative Format: Echo Chamber
5. Flatline: Machinery
6. Yavin4: Traveller (Virtual Server mix)
7. Blank: Visual Overflow (Rotersand mix)
8. Rotersand feat. Kamara: Social Distortion (12" mix)
9. Headscan: Sentinel (Dance Against The Machine Mix)
10. Delobbo: Midnight 12
11. DJ Feel: Madness
12. Tooga Feat. Pit Bailey: Beyond Blue Eyes (DJ Feel mix)
13. Nevarakka: Tears Of Mine
14. Virtual Server Feat. Iris: The Earth (Babymax mix)
15. Endanger: Give Me A Reason (NamNamBulu mix)
16. Electrophile: Shades Of Grey
17. Cosmicity Feat. Mark Nicholas: An Unbiased Observation Of Human
18. Interaction (theme from Creation)
Albino Leviathan
2006-07-18 15:30:31 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
I'm looking for EBM mix CDs. DJ mixed... not just compilations. I love
mix CDs of Progressive House, Drum and Bass, etc., and would really love
to hear this stuff mixed properly.
So if you know of any I could find, please let me know.
Someone told me about DJ Coppertop, so I ordered her "Hysteria" mix CD
via PayPal. Anyone heard it already?