Help me Please!
Maxwell_DEAMON
2004-08-25 14:01:50 UTC
Hy guys, i'm trying to start a dark/electronic band. I don't know if it will
be industrial or other kind of music, but we won't have a drummer, and so we
are gonna use a drum machine. I will program the drum parts on a MIDI track
and then i will use some samples on Fruity Loops to give a better sound to
my MIDI track.

What do u think about this method, will it sound good on stage? Can u
suggest me something better and very easy?
oni sakti
2004-08-25 16:05:56 UTC
Try some of the Fruity plug ins and Sound Forge to edit some stuff.... If
you need any of these let me know
THE JAMES
2004-09-15 19:51:56 UTC
Post by Maxwell_DEAMON
Hy guys, i'm trying to start a dark/electronic band. I don't know if it will
be industrial or other kind of music, but we won't have a drummer, and so we
are gonna use a drum machine. I will program the drum parts on a MIDI track
and then i will use some samples on Fruity Loops to give a better sound to
my MIDI track.
What do u think about this method, will it sound good on stage? Can u
suggest me something better and very easy?
On stage?
Depends upon the original sample quality of your samples, what
equipment you use to amplify it. I'm not a fan of fruity loops
whatsoever... Perhaps try Propellerheads Reason, I've got pretty good
results from using this sample based software than any. And it has
alot of 24bit samples to use. And many add ons available. Along with
so much more control. And if you run it using ReWire the possibilities
are endless. But yeah if you gotta use fruitypoop then Run all your
individual drums with separate tracks. And try to automate volume and
tone at the same time for each.(velocity). Especially on cymbals &
snares. Use a good 4 band EQ plugin for starts. And work with
different variations of beats. This is my way of breaking free from
that fake sound. Other than that the rest is luck when it comes to a
software sequencer. Buy hardware!!!