industrial in ads?
k collins
2004-01-30 17:55:08 UTC
hey guys,
Long time lurker, sometimes poster here.. I'm publishing a book about
industrial based on my PhD thesis (some of you helped me out with
that)... and for the introduction, I'm trying to gather information on
industrial's popularity. I don't have cable/satellite, so I'm a little
out of it when it comes to television. Can anyone think of examples
where industrial music has been used in commercials? I know Die Grünen
(the German Green Party) used Einstürzende Neubauten's ‘Kollaps' and
Vodafone (UK) used the Nine Inch Nails song ‘Perfect Drug' (1999)...
anybody got any others?
I appreciate it. Feel free to get in touch privately.
cheers
karen
Todd Clayton
2004-01-30 20:34:16 UTC
Post by k collins
hey guys,
Long time lurker, sometimes poster here.. I'm publishing a book about
industrial based on my PhD thesis (some of you helped me out with
that)... and for the introduction, I'm trying to gather information on
industrial's popularity. I don't have cable/satellite, so I'm a little
out of it when it comes to television. Can anyone think of examples
where industrial music has been used in commercials? I know Die Grünen
(the German Green Party) used Einstürzende Neubauten's ‘Kollaps' and
Vodafone (UK) used the Nine Inch Nails song ‘Perfect Drug' (1999)...
anybody got any others?
I appreciate it. Feel free to get in touch privately.
Do some research. There was a long thread in here last month listing
dozens of examples. Do a google groups search.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
swear that only the other one snores." Terry Pratchett
Delameko Stone
2004-01-30 20:36:46 UTC
Post by k collins
hey guys,
Long time lurker, sometimes poster here.. I'm publishing a book about
industrial based on my PhD thesis (some of you helped me out with
that)... and for the introduction, I'm trying to gather information on
industrial's popularity. I don't have cable/satellite, so I'm a little
out of it when it comes to television. Can anyone think of examples
where industrial music has been used in commercials? I know Die Grünen
(the German Green Party) used Einstürzende Neubauten's 'Kollaps' and
Vodafone (UK) used the Nine Inch Nails song 'Perfect Drug' (1999)...
anybody got any others?
I appreciate it. Feel free to get in touch privately.
cheers
karen
Nine Inch Nails was also used on a Levi ad (UK)...

Check out www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk, it lists music used on
commercials in the UK...
Dean Rogers
2004-01-31 14:28:01 UTC
There was a jeans ad in Australia that used one of the remixes of Mr Self
Destruct, it's probably the same ad.
porphyriac
2004-01-31 00:27:05 UTC
Post by k collins
hey guys,
Long time lurker, sometimes poster here.. I'm publishing a book about
industrial based on my PhD thesis (some of you helped me out with
that)... and for the introduction, I'm trying to gather information on
industrial's popularity. I don't have cable/satellite, so I'm a little
out of it when it comes to television. Can anyone think of examples
where industrial music has been used in commercials? I know Die Grünen
(the German Green Party) used Einstürzende Neubauten's 'Kollaps' and
Vodafone (UK) used the Nine Inch Nails song 'Perfect Drug' (1999)...
anybody got any others?
I appreciate it. Feel free to get in touch privately.
cheers
karen
in australia Kellogs used the music from ministry's NWO (re-recorded in
studio by session muso'z) in an advertisement for Nutri-Grain, iron man
food.
k collins
2004-01-31 14:44:17 UTC
thanks for your responses. sorry it didn't occur to me to search...had
no clue there were so many. No need to reply anymore.
iceolate
2004-04-02 01:48:05 UTC
I once heard Coil "Blue Rats" on some MTV show... I forget what it was.
Wasn't a commercial, it was like a ten second snippet or something on
the show. Damn if I could remember what it was. It was an ass show
anyway. Just hearing Blue Rats made me fall off my couch.
alien
2004-04-02 02:53:04 UTC
Chris Connely is a very cool person Ive met him the last two pigface
tours. Weird now hes into just acustic music his old stuff the days of
super industrial are pretty limited. I see that with martin atkins to.
they seem to have slipped off into the stream .......Fuck it up
Pigfaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I wishhhh they could still kick ass......