Industrial Techno
silvio
2004-10-26 18:52:05 UTC
Hello to the group

Who produce industrial techno like Chris Liebing's Evolution album, or
something like "Murder was the bass" from DK kind of music?
Are there any else artist who drives that style?

I hope that I asked in the right group, coz I think that you know better
then a regular techno listener.
Armitage-VI
2004-10-27 15:10:00 UTC
Post by silvio
I hope that I asked in the right group, coz I think that you know better
then a regular techno listener.
Well personally for the last couple of years EBM to me IS pretty
much nothing more than Dark Techno, So I guess you would be wanted
Techno flavered stuff that is still dark and sort a industrial edged.

My Favorite Dance group that still maintains a hard edged is DJ?
Acucrack, which is nothing more than a drum n bass side project of
Acuman Nation. They have some really great stuff that is club music
but still sinister, Check out Meat Beat Manifesto, if you haven't
already, not techno per se, more like Big Beat, but they have this
whole 1950's horror movie type sound, Check out Cherrie Blue's CD (aka
Lady Galore)," her stuff is techno that is catchy but still pretty
dark, Death in Vegas, umm, Atari Teenage Riot is/was more Electronic
Punk, but since Carl Crack died I doubt they will ever release
anything again,. But look for Alec Empire's "The Destroyer" another
hard edged techno CD.

One of my fav Cd's right at the turn of the century that was
classified as Techno but had the industrial edge was Empiron or
Empirion? They had the song with a sample "From Beyond" that was
"giving them drug taking there lives away" the song was called
Narcotic Influence I think. THat was a great Techno CD

The only band I can think of that is techno and uses Metal guitar
riffs is the Lords of Acid, VooDoo-U being their best album,. but they
did a side project called Tattoo of Pain, which was nothing but techno
with metal guitar riffs, I always looked at it as perfect strip club
music.

Hope this helps and good luck on your journey, I was looking for the
same thing back in 1997, Now I feel way old, but there's good stuff
out there you just gotta look...

Lastly Try ANYTHING on Component Records, All of the stuff is the
wierd mutant techno/industrial noise type think that is pretty wicked,
not really Dance music per-se but good none the less..
silvio
2004-10-27 18:09:03 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
Hope this helps and good luck on your journey, I was looking for the
same thing back in 1997, Now I feel way old, but there's good stuff
out there you just gotta look...
Thanx alot
I'm going to check it out now...
Sound Mirror
2004-10-28 11:33:26 UTC
don't forget Cubanate.. they have a good amount of techno industrial metal
Girl <last name>
2004-10-28 15:29:09 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by Armitage-VI
The only band I can think of that is techno and uses Metal guitar
riffs is the Lords of Acid,
don't forget Cubanate.. they have a good amount of techno industrial metal
They're all a little more on the EBM side, but the likes of Inertia, Flesh
Field, E/Craft would probably all fit the general description. Hard and heavy
with strong techno elements.

Girl.