HaLO Compilation out NEXT WEEK!!
DJ Eurotic
2003-07-30 16:29:29 UTC
Yeah, I know, another DIY electro/synth compilation.

So what makes "HaLO: The Best of Madtown Electro & Synth" so damn
special?

Well, it's got 13 tracks from some bands on good labels, all out of
Madison, WI (which is kinda neat, because surprisingly there's a lot
of talent here right now, hence the disc). It also has a whole bunch
of bands that you've never heard of that, hopefully, will get signed
one day and kick ass on some tiny label that'll barely pay them and
eventually go under. Ah, to dream the dream of fame in this scene.

12 of the 13 tracks are unreleased, with new stuff from projects and
bands like STROMKERN, ONEIROID PSYCHOSIS, NULL DEVICE, STOCHASTIC
THEORY, ECHO VIRUS and THE GOTHSICLES. No extra special remixes of
stuff you've heard, either, these are brand spanking new tracks that
you've never heard before and are hooky as hell.

The styles are all over the place, too. From electro to synth to old
skool industrial and pretty much everything in between. If you don't
like one track another one or six others may appeal to you. It's
funny, too. And angry. And depressed. Bi-polar people will most
likely really dig it.

It's also cheap ($10 + postage off our website), so if for some reason
you don't like it you won't feel ripped off like if you bought some
import compilation for 30 bucks and found out it's a bucket of ass.

HaLO sounds good, too, as it was mastered quite nicely by Alex Matheu
from Negative Format. We sunk some money into this and really believe
in it, so we made sure it'll sound good in your stereo and on the club
floors, or where ever you're inclined to play it.

And it will cure poverty. And if you listen to it you'll shit
rainbows. You won't get laid more often, but listening to it while
masturbating makes butterflies come out of your genitals. At least
mine.

Am I sharing too much?

Here's the tracklist-

1. Stochastic Theory - Shared Lies
2. Ensku - All is Fair
3. Brian Schuh - The One Who Dismissed Me Again
4. m00ntz! - I Don't Want Her (And Neither Do You)
5. Echo Virus - Stranded (8 Hours)
6. Signal 12 - Anesthetized*
7. Null Device - Electrified
8. The Gothsicles - English License
9. ctrlshft - Half-Life
10. Oneiroid Psychosis - First the Head, Then the Body
11. Caustic- Incendiary
12. Stromkern- Ruin
13. The Dark Clan- LeStat in Cuba

*previously released

You can hear the S Theory track on electrogarden and go to
echovirus.com for an unmastered stream of that track.

HaLO is available on deadbeatproductions.com, and should be nationally
distributed through Metropolis, DSBP and A Different Drum. Hopefully
Iso-Tank and Unspun, too, but they're a pain to get ahold of.

If you're a DJ and would like a promo copy or to organize a release
party, please send an email to info@ deadbeatproductions.com for more
info.

Buy a copy today, people. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks so much.

-Matt
DJ Eurotic
Dead Beat Productions/ Sonic Mainline Discs

PS- There's a self-serving review on corrode.org, too.
DJ Eurotic
2003-08-05 14:52:06 UTC
Everyone,

Come out tomorrow for the RELEASE PARTY for the "HaLO: The Best of
Madtown Electro and Synth" compilation, a disc of ALL Madison electro
and synth artists. 12 of the 13 tracks are exclusive to the comp, so
it ain't a bunch of tunes you've heard before.

This is the first Madison compilation of this type, and features
national, international, and local artists all representing the
Madtown scene.

The release party'll Wednesday, Aug 6th at INFERNO NIGHTCLUB, 1718
Commercial Ave in Madison. It's cover-free and doors are at 9PM. 21
and up. Several artists from the comp will be DJing the night, so
it'll be fun and booze-
filled revelry.

It'll be on sale at all cool indie record stores downtown in Madison
for a mere $10. You can also order it on-line at
www.deadbeatproductions.com.

We're really proud of it and it's getting a great response around the
country and on the internet radio shows that have picked it up.

Take a chance and grab one either at the release party or soon on
Metropolis, DSBP, or A Different Drum!

Thanks.

-Matt
DJ Eurotic

PS- DJs wanting a promo should email me at
***@deadbeatproductions.com. Release parties also available!