I hate movie samples in industrial music
w***@gmail.com
2016-12-08 22:08:23 UTC
see subject.
It's so unbelievably overdone and so pointless. It gets so f---ing
old. I'm going to kill the next generic electro band that puts Robocop
or Bladerunner quotes in the middle of their songs.
1) who was the first band to incorporate movie samples into
industrial/electro music?
and
2) who was the first to shamelessly overuse and make a mockery of the
whole concept?
I suspect front line ASSembly for #2. I won't make a guess on #1.
Silver Bullet used the "20 seconds to comply" robocop ED-209 speech in his 1989 "20 seconds to comply" song. That's the earliest one I know of.
j***@gmail.com
2017-05-01 22:04:44 UTC
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:39:45 -0400, "Michael J. Salo"
2) who was the first to shamelessly overuse and make a mockery of the
whole concept?
Well, PWEI uses a HELL of a lot of samples.
And some of Negativland's stuff is JUST samples. I don't know -
sometimes samples can be realy good - you have to be careful with
them.
Favourite sample: The Electric Helfire Club - Mr.44 - "I like girls a
lot. I like pretty girls. I only shoot pretty girls." (don't know
where it's from...)
NP: Wipers - The Pod (What a shitty album - I boughit it because I
liked the case, and now I'm forcing myself to listen to it, to "get my
money's worth")
"If this was a virus, you'd already be dead"
- Snow Crash
That`s actually Ted Bundy talking in Court.
j***@gmail.com
Im here because I`m trying to figure out what movie clip Chemlab used on "Exile on Mainline" from "East side Militia" I have found the clip on youtube before, so I know someone has posted it before, but I want to see the movie to find out if it is any good.
b***@gmail.com
2018-12-24 05:18:16 UTC
The movie is Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia

The sample in Exile..
"Get out, god damn it! You son of a bitch, I'll kill you right there! Will you get - god damned move when I say move, you motherfucker!"
t***@gmail.com
2017-05-11 00:11:59 UTC
I like the idea of people using movie samples to create "textures" within the music itself. Skinny Puppy did a lot of this.. puppy is also guilty of playing random voice samples from movies, though.